Wanted 500 A-Square cases, dies and reloading data

500 A-Square reloading data can be found in Art Alphin's book "Any Shot You want". Which is an extremely good read, I particularly like the chapter titled "mechanics of bullet penetration".... anyway, I looked on their website but was unable to find any data for you.

Do yourself a favor & pick up the book, while you're at it here is the website:
A-Square

Did you try MidwayUSA for the brass?

I think I amgoing to pass on buying a book for load data on a single cartridge. I know midway and square have brass but it is overpriced. Looking for other alternatives. Thank you

The book has data on all A-Square cartridges & most modern cartridges as well. I doubt you will find better prices (unless you buy used)... the reason they are so high priced is IIRC, A-Square is the ONLY manufacturer of their brass (other than the 338-06 A-Square chambered by Weatherby).

Proprietary cartridges are really fun, but you will pay to play (I shoot a Lazzeroni:D).

If you really only want data for the 500, I will try to remember to post it for you on my lunch break.

Bullet: 600 Grain A-Square Dead Tough Bullet Diameter: .510"
Expected velocity Level (26" BBL): 2500fps

H-4895 106.0 Avg Velocity 2346fps
H-4895 115.0 Avg Velocity 2474fps

IMR-4064 112.0 Avg Velocity 2380fps
IMR-4064 117.0 Avg Velocity 2503fps

RL-15 113.0 Avg Velocity 2316fps
RL-15 118.0 Avg Velocity 2467fps

This data is straight from A-Square, please load responsibly.

BBL Twist: 1-10"
COAL: 3.740"

A square says 2400 gps for factory but most in SA don't load as hot because of vicious recoil. Chronology is more like 2150fps and this is all you ll need. SD is . 330 . Let us know how you do on eleys and buff! Also what bullet you use.

The A square is whby460 based and wells is a lot bigger. Latter is .5 " longer than parent .585 nyati which is based on .577 NE. About as powerful as any shoulder rifle you can get without going to Barrett or 50Bmg

My apologies. In my quick scan I thought you meant the wells 585 express which is the bigger case. The 510 wells was designed 20 years before the 500 a square by Fred wells and is essentially same with slight shoulder difference as I understand them.

As I was told the wells is slighly longer amd can you can fire an A2 in a wells. But I guess I have made up my mind and the ability to carry some factory rounds and gives the slight edge to the 500 A-sqaured. I can see no advantage to the 510 Wells. If anyone knows soemthing else please chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.