Want to Bebate Video? Watch this!

I suppose so. Thats why it comes down to how much you value your liberty and if you are willing to pay for your freedom with your life. I said long ago that is an individual choice that can't be made by anyone but you.

We all have different levels of tolerance. Mine isn't yours, Yours isn't your neighbors.

Thats why we need to keep up the letter writing, supporting the NRA and everything we can do to avoid bloodshed, at all costs. Thats the end game, not half time.

I suppose so. Thats why it comes down to how much you value your liberty and if you are willing to pay for your freedom with your life. I said long ago that is an individual choice that can't be made by anyone but you.

We all have different levels of tolerance. Mine isn't yours, Yours isn't your neighbors.

Thats why we need to keep up the letter writing, supporting the NRA and everything we can do to avoid bloodshed, at all costs. Thats the end game, not half time.

"The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. " Thomas Jefferson November 13, 1787

Freedom... what semblance of it we have... is not free.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Doc

Sidecarflip

Are you familiar with this forum?

BGO • Index page

No, I'm not but I'll check it out. Star Parkers site, yes. I borrowed the picture and pasted it on another firum I'm on, a local one with lots of dissention.

I try to stay away from mainstream discussions. I'm only on a few fiorums, this being the only firearm forum mainly because I'm a bolt rifle person and I like Len. He's a very straight up guy in my opinion.

I prefer to be looked at as a poster, SidecarFlip, devoid of any reference of being different from the majority on this site or any site for that matter. I mentioned it only in a passing way as a reply to a comment. Nothing more.

I was born in Florida but I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, a very racially polarized city at that time. My parents were pretty well to do so we didn't live in the inner city but there was always the subliminal racial tension present. In school, in outside activities, in public, so I learned at a young age to avoid confromtation, something I try to practice even today.

The Internet and forums like this make it easy to interact without prejudice appearing. It may be there but because it's forbidden, it never shows up. You can be devoid of color and still put forth an opinion or state facts, no one really knows what color you are because they can't see you.

It's fairly easy to live in a white man's world so long as you avoid racial confrontation. My wife understands that perfectly.

I like it that way.

Thanks for the links.

No, I'm not but I'll check it out. Star Parkers site, yes. I borrowed the picture and pasted it on another firum I'm on, a local one with lots of dissention.

I try to stay away from mainstream discussions. I'm only on a few fiorums, this being the only firearm forum mainly because I'm a bolt rifle person and I like Len. He's a very straight up guy in my opinion.

I prefer to be looked at as a poster, SidecarFlip, devoid of any reference of being different from the majority on this site or any site for that matter. I mentioned it only in a passing way as a reply to a comment. Nothing more.

I was born in Florida but I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, a very racially polarized city at that time. My parents were pretty well to do so we didn't live in the inner city but there was always the subliminal racial tension present. In school, in outside activities, in public, so I learned at a young age to avoid confromtation, something I try to practice even today.

The Internet and forums like this make it easy to interact without prejudice appearing. It may be there but because it's forbidden, it never shows up. You can be devoid of color and still put forth an opinion or state facts, no one really knows what color you are because they can't see you.

It's fairly easy to live in a white man's world so long as you avoid racial confrontation. My wife understands that perfectly.

I like it that way.

Thanks for the links.

To be honest, I have always thought of this forum's members as white or maybe hipanic. I guess that's because I just don't have any experience with blacks in this shooting environment. It's refreshing to see those of color taking an interest and sharing common values and beliefs. I've enjoyed and appreciated your contributions.

Back to the discussion.

It's curious to me that not only is the government essentially creating a domestic troop build up but they're almost advertising their intentions. No, not in the mainstream but more so in the places where those who are sensitive to it will find it. All electronic and phone communication is monitored. Rather than procuring mass quantities of ammo from other sources/agencies, it goes out for bid. 2700 armored vehicles, lettered and transported on flatbed without a tarp. A request and approval from Congress for 30,000 drones. It's all out there for everyone to see. The dude giving the tour of the vehicle comes right out and says, we're using these for serving warrants. Folks, if you were planning a coup, wouldn't you try to be a little quiet? It's looking to me like someone's trying to instigate a fight. Not a fight with everyone but a fight with those on the fringe that are sensitive to whats going on. Crush them and what have you got left? The audience of American Idol. They'll grab the only weapon they're proficient with and fire off a tweet. You've got America running without a budget and printing money as fast as they can. Sounds to me like a plan to crash the economy and cause a state of civil unrest. Only then can you suspend Habeas Corpus and declare Martial Law. Lets face it. You can't really take over until you've got your boot on the throat of your opposition and in this country, you'll only get that by drawing out your opposition for a fight on your own terms. If our military has soldiers that won't round up Americans, that's what the U.N. is for. I think the U.S. population and economy is right on schedule.

I think there is a lot of insight here. Hopefully it doesn't play out this way but it certainly appears to be moving in that direction.

If some time in the future the government ignores the constitution to a point that causes civil uprisings, it looks as though the groundwork has been lain to deal with insurrection with armed drone strikes. Considering the funding and authorization for the use of 30,000 drones has been approved, I would say any resistance would be a bloody endeavor.

Not much doubt about that.

I like it that way.

Thanks for the links.

It wasn't always so; but, today the fight to preserve freedom is colorblind, the following is a comment on Star's website, we're all in this together:

"Tyranny knows no color, no religion, no gender. It is spawned from evil. Our founding fathers studied and studied human nature in order to create a government with limited power so tyranny could not raise its ugly head. We the people have let our government get totally out of hand and now we feel defenseless to stop it.
We need to join one another to strengthen our position of freedom and liberty from excessive government! Star Parker is one of us who has a voice and she is using it, thank God."

I surely don't want (or desire) to live anywhere else but right here in what is still the best place on earth to live and I look at the NRA as having the 'best shot' if you will, in maintaining our freedoms even though I find it arcane that we, as a group are fighting to maintain something that the Constitution grants all of us, without question.

That, in itself tells me just how evil Obama and his elite minions are. At least in my perspective, the actions of the Washingtom elite and state governors are acts of treason against this country.... and the media condones it, well, did. I see an awakening by the media to a certain extent and thats not all bad.

The general populus takes everything the media puts in front of them as gospel, if, in fact, it's true or not.

I'm planning on attending the NRA convention in Houston, hope to see some of your there. Besides, I need a break from the vile weather we have been having here.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.