Vortex Vipers - latest info

What type of rifle are you putting the PST on Joseph? What cal? I ordered mine the first week of April. It will sit on my 257 wby. Rifle season opens on Thanksgiving day in NW FL. I cant wait!! Bill Maylor..

What type of rifle are you putting the PST on Joseph? What cal? I ordered mine the first week of April. It will sit on my 257 wby. Rifle season opens on Thanksgiving day in NW FL. I cant wait!! Bill Maylor..

A 6mm Norma BR. shooting Berger 105 gr. VLDs with Varget. Tomorrow & Sunday we are going to try to finish our drop charts so I can get a new turret made for the PST. gun)

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=374570&highlight=

joseph

Last edited:
I got some accurate numbers for my drop chart today. I sighted in at 200 yds. then shot at 300 with a 8" drop then shot at 400 yds with a 3 1/4" 5 shot group which dropped 21 1/2" from the 200 yd zero. :)

Now I am getting confident in me and my rifle. gun)

joseph

I will give the interested sportsmen some strong advice. I would not cancel your orders for the new Vortex Viper PST scopes. For $900 or less you can't match the quality, functions and warranty. Not only have I not canceled my order, but have ordered the custom turret to match my drop chart in yards from Vortex to match my new Nikon Gold 1200 laser range finder. gun)gun)gun)

"Aim small miss small", :D

joseph

PS: Hope to get my new 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope soon.

Has anyone got to look through one of the new 6x24s yet? I saw a review on the 4x16s that said the glass was pretty good. I'm sure it's the same glass I was just wondering about how the 6x24s handled the higher magnifications.

Not only have I not canceled my order, but have ordered the custom turret to match my drop chart in yards from Vortex to match my new Nikon Gold 1200 laser range finder.

Vortex makes custom turrets for custom loads? I hadn't seen that... I had been looking at other companies to get custom turrets, but if Vortex does it, it makes sense to have them make them...

How much?

To my knowledge vortex doesn't make them. Kenton Industries out of California makes them for the vipers though.

So far I have only looked through the scope. I zoomed it in and out and the reticule does get thicker when zooming in closer, but the target gets larger also so this cancels out any fear that the target will be covered up. The glass is very clear and I do not understand why anyone would want the turrets to be harder to turn. My buddy tried to rub with the side of his hand and couldn't get it to turn. I do notice a very "little" "halo" at the very outside of the lens, but if you do not look for it I do not think you will notice it. The reticule looks GREAT. :):):):)

Hopefully I will get a chance to shoot with it this weekend. gun)

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts