• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD With Rings and Level

nchunter182

I purchased all these parts new and were only installed on one rifle that I recently sold. This scope has the illuminated EBR-1 reticle and is first focal plane. It is in good condition except for the slight ring marks as shown in the pics. I changed position of the scope to get eye relief correct and the lapped rings left silver marks on the tube. Glass is perfect. Includes Evolution Gun Works HD Tactical 30MM .850" high rings, Flatline Ops scope level, sunshade, lens caps, extra zero stop shims and manual.
Price is $500 shipped
Thanks
Jay

IMG_0930.JPGIMG_0931.JPGIMG_0932.JPGIMG_0933.JPGIMG_0934.JPG

Are there lapping marks where the rings are currently mounted or only in the former mounting location as your pictures illustrate?

Yes, there are additional marks on the scope tube. Lapping rings ensures a prefect fit for the scope but it also removes the anodizing on the rings and exposes the bare aluminum. This aluminum then transfers to the scope tube when the ring caps are torqued down. No damage to the scope but it does leave a mark. Attached is a picture with one ring removed so you can see what's underneath. The rear ring will be similar.
IMG_1116.JPG

Learned a new (old) trick today to remove the aluminum transfer from the scope tube. Bore cleaning solvent and a magic eraser took just about all of it off. Top side of scope there are no visible marks and minor marks on bottom side.
IMG_1118.JPGIMG_1119.JPG