Vortex Viper HS

Hunter12

I just got the viper hs as a gift. I was thinking of getting the LR version but got the reg version as a gift. I am thinking it might be better for me anyway. I was just wondering has anyone had the custom turret made for them and how far was your longest range you could turn to. I really would like to get 700 or 850. I am shooting a 270 wsm. It's going to be a hunting rifle. Any help a would apperciate. Thanks

first, let me welcome you, it's a great place to hang your computer. there's a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience here, just don't be on here so much it gets you in trouble with the wife! second, i have an HS scope and am very impressed with it. have only shot a couple big birds with it so far, but it's a great scope for the money. it repeats very well. as far as how far one revolution will take you, that's an individual thing. go to a ballistics program, like we have on the bulletts, brass, 2 under the optics section, and plug in your numbers. i did this very thing last night with my edge. the farther your "zero" distance is, the farther one revolution will take you. my zero is about 330-340 and one revolution will get me past 900 yards. YMMV.

After checking the Vortex site, Vortex Optics - Viper HS Riflescopes , it looks like this will depend on your scope model. The Viper HS 4-16x TMT page shows a picture of TMT cap adjustable to 600 while the TMT page for a Viper 6.5 -20x50 shows a cap adjustable past 1000. I would contact Vortex and get the info from the horses mouth.
Phone: (800) 426-0048
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (608) 662-7454

Thank you both for your info. I am really thinking about not doing a turret and just using the 1/4 moa per click and having the chart with me. I have a buddy who has a in with Vortex, I am going to talk to him for sure. I am not really wanting a long range gun, just when the 800 yard shoot is there i want to have the confidence to make the shoot.by the way my wife has already told me i am spending to much time on the computer. thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.