Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44

Dallen92

I have found these scopes for right at $300 shipped brand new in the box. Don't really need one, but thinking about buying one just to put up and have as an extra. Good deal for this price?

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with this scope?

I have found these scopes for right at $300 shipped brand new in the box. Don't really need one, but thinking about buying one just to put up and have as an extra. Good deal for this price?

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with this scope?

Tell me where you found these for $300? Everywhere I have seen them they are like $550.

Cabelas has the 4-16x44 with v plex reticle on sale for $309.99
That is a heck of a deal. These scopes do have the capped turrets and no holdover marks on the reticle so they're not ideal for dialing in longer range shots. Great glass though, perfect for a 400 yard gun. And much further if you don't mind messing with the small capped turrets.

Yep cabelas is where they are. I just went ahead and picked one up for that price cause I'm just gonna put it up as an extra for another whitetail rifle or use as a trading piece.

You can get a turret from Kenton Ind. for about $100 and dial away. That's still about $150 less than what you would pay for the HS LR model, and you would have pretty much the same thing.

The plex version was discontinued months ago, and everyone was selling them for 300 bucks. That is why its so cheap, its a great scope for that kind of money, but the price is not anything to write home about.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.