Vortex Viper 15X50 binocs

gjk5

Found a demo pair today, I have a Viper scope and have played with some of their products, these seem like pretty good binos for the money (just like the 6.5-20X44 PA I have).

Anyone have them or have thoughts on them?

Went in looking for Viper 8X or 10X but these were on the cheap (really cheap) and really are not very large or heavy for 15's.

I may put off buying a spotting scope for the time being, going to go scout an area to maybe buy some land this weekend, I'll carry them and see. They may be doable as a hunting carry pair, not a whole lot bigger than 10's.

Bought a pair in January and have been using them instead of the spotting scope for rockchucks. Really decent pair of glasses for the money. I have no problem holding steady if I rest my elbows or don't try to run them one handed. Off the tripod they have been the answer to my eye fatigue problem. Easier to look through for the initial scan than the spotting scope. No real issues so far.

I have a buddy that bought a pair last year, he loves them. I have compared them side by side with a set of new swarvo 10x el's. The swarvo's are more clear but that being said the vortex are less than half the cost. I think that they are great binos off a tripod and for the price you cant beat them.

I took them up to check out a mountain property and scout around as I will be hunting right by there anyway this year. I liked them a lot (I am no optics expert though) and a friend that went with me that guides hunts on his ranch agreed and told me I would have been a fool not to buy them.
They were definitely worth the price though.

Any suggestions on a tripod that won't break the bank?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.