Vortex Razor ?

EJN

I just picked up a new Kimber (308) Advanced Tactical and I need to put a good scope on it. I will be shooting to 750-1000 yrds. I wanted to know if any of you have owned or have experience using the new Vortex Razor 5x22x50. Should I get the Nightforce 5.5x20x50 or something else? I have not been able to find any articals about the Razor, however the specs look pretty good. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I personally own 5 Schmidt and Bender 5x25 scopes and one Vortex Razor. One of the reasons why I own these scopes is because they are all front focal plane scopes. If you are looking for a front focal plane scope you will be more than happy with the Vortex... It tracks true, has very good glass, and comes with a heck of a warranty. If you are looking for a second focal plane scope, you can't do much better than a Nightforce.

Are you aware of the benefits of a front focal plane scope vs a second focal plane?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.