Vortex razor lightweight

Jkling12

I have been looking at these for my next scope. Not a whole lot of reviews out there. Are the turrets reliable? I'd like to dial and shoot out to 6-700 with my creedmoor. Thanks

I have the 3-15 version, it's a nice scope.
The glass is decent, the turrets are reliable and it's light.
My only complaints are the numbers on the turret are very small and difficult to see, no zero stop and the wind hold marks are 2 MOA apart.

I put mine on a 20 moa rail which worked out pretty good because it bottoms out with only one turn below my 200 yard zero.

My favorite scope right now for hunting is a VX-6 3-18 ZL with the wind hold fire dot reticle.
This scope has great glass, a zero stop, it dials accurately, one MOA wind hold marks and the thickness of the reticle is perfect for big game hunting in my opinion and it has a lighted dot in the center

If I buy another scope it will be the VX-6, they cost a little more than the Razor LH but I find the features worth it. I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

The Razor LH is a very nice little scope. It has capped turrets but they are very usable and repeatable. The font on the turrets is small, I sent vortex an email about it, got a reply in 24hrs but there is currently no other option, they recommended cutomturretsystems. I worked through their label builder and came up with this.

IMG_0037_zpsvhvnqlc1.jpg

here is another thread about these scopes (only during the end does it tail of course..) http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/vortex-razor-hd-light-weight-offering-165337/

i own one and am quite pleased for the price. the turrets are a little "mushy" but are repeatable and i have no problems dialing out to 700 yds (farthest i can shoot around here) i know i have more to go, so i only assume i could dial more should the opportunity arise

it is missing features like zero stop and the numbers are a bit small, but i have no problems reading them. you could go with a custom turret like above or a Kenton, but for my intended purposes on this scope, it does exactly what i need it to do.

Thanks for the replies. I like the capped turrets so I know they don't get turned while hunting. No zero stop isn't a big deal since they are capped. They seem like a good scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.