Vortex Fury HD 500 AB Best at price point?

Nomosendero

I can pick one of these up new for $1,375.00. I have to have a ceiling somewhere, for me it is $1,500.00
I just read this review https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-fury-hd-5000-ab-review.271958/ This review is 3 yrs old, so I thought I would ask
if anyone has come up with anything better at stated price point.

Also, I went on a hunt last fall, one of the hunters had these, they seemed to do well. I would like to hear from others that have used them as well.

Thanks

I can pick one of these up new for $1,375.00. I have to have a ceiling somewhere, for me it is $1,500.00
I just read this review https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-fury-hd-5000-ab-review.271958/ This review is 3 yrs old, so I thought I would ask

Also, I went on a hunt last fall, one of the hunters had these, they seemed to do well. I would like to hear from others that have used them as well.

Thanks
I've had mine for quite a while. I really like them. Maybe you could find something better at double the money but at that price point and the lifetime warranty from Vortex it is a no-brainer! If I had one complaint (small) it would be it takes a full 3 to 5 seconds for the solution to pop up in the Binoculars.
With another brand and sensitive electronics that are very likely to quit in the future then you have an overpriced pair of binoculars and need a rangefinder. That's why I went with Vortex,the warranty!

I think the Sig 6ks are pretty similar, with the advantage of being lighter. I ended up going with the ABs though, I couldn't get over the 5 year warranty on the Sigs.

I have had my pair going on almost 3 years now. Use them for mule deer, elk and antelope in Wyoming. Overall very happy with them but like 338 dude said a little slow on solutions, but if your shooting that far probably shouldn't be a rush shot anyways. The electronics themselves did very well in WY cold temperatures. Left them in the truck overnight in -15 degrees and it still ranged and was readable....I was surprised. I did have the glue on the eye cups come loose, little super glue haven't had a problem since. Also eye cups are not as comfortable as the regular pair of 10x42 viper HD's I own, but got used to them. IMO, I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a better option at the price point you have with a great warranty (have not had to use mine).

I've had mine for about a year now and am very satisfied. I haven't tested them next to any other RF binos to compare but they have a strong laser that will get readings on large animals out to around a mile on a sunny day if you are steady. I think the glass is decent on them and plenty good enough for my purposes but I don't sit behind them all day either. I also have some 12x50 razors I use if I'm just looking. I think the lens caps they come with are terrible and don't fit around the objective housing well at all, half size too small on mine. The AB software and app interface is easy enough to use and performs well. You already know the warranty angle. They were the best bang for the buck when I bought mine in my opinion, probably still are.

$1275 + shipping here...

Use code EASTER2024 for 15% off of $1499.

Another good deal ($800) on the Sig Kilo6 Black edition for your consideration...

I did some research awhile back, and I couldn't come up with any difference other than color between the "Black" edition and the regular Kilo6, but YMMV.

I personally chose the Fury 5000 AB over the Sig Kilo6, even at that $800 Eurooptic price, but it was a hard choice.

Scopelist has a demo unit on sale for 1200. Given that they've had it on sale for quite a while, I would hazard a guess that its not really a demo.

Thanks
The Fury 5000 AB are nice. we bought a pair last year. We had two pair of Lecia Geovids HDB and GREAT GLASS! Wish we still had them. Only reason sold was one pair left to a friend and he didn't want to return because he liked so much and the second pair was brand new we got for Jill's dad.
The Fury 5000AB is great for the options and price at 1/2 the cost of Leica Geovids.
If you can get $1,375 TYD it is a good price considering TAX and Shipping is included.
FURY 5000AB has a Lifetime Warranty even on electronics.

Another one to consider…and only because I have been comparing them over the past month or so…is the Leupold BX4 Range binos. When I did a comparison to my Swaro EL Range TA's they held their own as the light faded. I wanted the Leupold's so badly to just "show their ***" to the Swaro's but I just couldn't take away from them the light transmission they have. Really the only part of the Leupold's that was outmatched by the Swaro's was the edge to edge clarity (and that wasn't by much). But for your price range, this would be something to consider. When I did the same testing with the Fury, there was definitely a difference between the Swaro's and the Vortex. The Swaro's had a better image from the beginning and as the light faded they continued to (forgive the pun) shine! For the sake of keeping the integrity of my testing, I want to state that I did not compare the Vortex directly to the Leupold's. My goal in testing them was to simply just see if the money spent on the Swaro's was worth it.

IMG_2520.jpeg

Another one to consider…and only because I have been comparing them over the past month or so…is the Leupold BX4 Range binos. When I did a comparison to my Swaro EL Range TA's they held their own as the light faded. I wanted the Leupold's so badly to just "show their ***" to the Swaro's but I just couldn't take away from them the light transmission they have. Really the only part of the Leupold's that was outmatched by the Swaro's was the edge to edge clarity (and that wasn't by much). But for your price range, this would be something to consider. When I did the same testing with the Fury, there was definitely a difference between the Swaro's and the Vortex. The Swaro's had a better image from the beginning and as the light faded they continued to (forgive the pun) shine! For the sake of keeping the integrity of my testing, I want to state that I did not compare the Vortex directly to the Leupold's. My goal in testing them was to simply just see if the money spent on the Swaro's was worth it.

View attachment 566196
I was going to ask you what the outcome of you testing was. Thanks for sharing