Vihtavouri powder

Ak338 RUM user

I have been looking for vihitavouri n560 n570 n165 and n170 to no avail. I li e i. Alaska and there is only one outlet for it. Does anyone know where I cam find some

I'll let you know if I find any, it's always posted within this site, but have to be fast.

Looking for 8 lbs of N570 myself.

I don't know if you use gunbroker but most of it is there. I just saw N165 for $87 per pound plus shipping and N170 for $62 per pound plus shipping. There was one 8 pound jug of N560 with a starting bid of $100 and buy it now of $500. No N570.

I got 5lb of N165 and 8lb of N568 on Powder Valley by checking multiple times a day over a few months. Literally everything except the slow Alliant powders and H4831sc comes in stock there, it's just not frequent and it goes fast.

I don't know if you use gunbroker but most of it is there. I just saw N165 for $87 per pound plus shipping and N170 for $62 per pound plus shipping. There was one 8 pound jug of N560 with a starting bid of $100 and buy it now of $500. No N570.
Never used gunbroker will looknand see what I can come up with thank you very much

I have been looking for vihitavouri n560 n570 n165 and n170 to no avail. I li e i. Alaska and there is only one outlet for it. Does anyone know where I cam find some
I've lived in AK since 1978. A relative owned and operated a gun shop in AK for close to 40yrs.
My understanding is you will not be able to have gun powder legally shipped to Alaska. This has been debated on this Forum in the past. Gun powder delivered to Alaska comes up by barge. It can't be flown up, even on air cargo planes. And Canada limits the quantity that can be commercially trucked up there.

One option is if you know someone driving up there from the States. I think Canada allows up to 16lbs to be transported thru their country, per vehicle. You could purchase some online and have it shipped to a friend's home in the States. But confirm Canada transport regs before purchasing powder.

I've purchased powder and had it shipped to my FL residence. The transport regs shipping to Alaska - they are entirely different than shipping to the lower 48 States.

I'm confident no retailer will ship gun powder to you in Alaska, from the lower 48 States. Illegal using shipment methods utilized for small quantity shipments.

Last edited:
Where in Ak? Arctic ammo in Wasilla has n165 yesterday and other vv powders but not the others you mentioned

I've lived in AK since 1978. A relative owned and operated a gun shop in AK for close to 40yrs.
My understanding is you will not be able to have gun powder legally shipped to Alaska. This has been debated on this Forum in the past. Gun powder delivered to Alaska comes up by barge. It can't be flown up, even on air cargo planes. And Canada limits the quantity that can be commercially trucked up there.

One option is if you know someone driving up there from the States. I think Canada allows up to 16lbs to be transported thru their country, per vehicle. You could purchase some online and have it shipped to a friend's home in the States. But confirm Canada transport regs before purchasing powder.

I've purchased powder and had it shipped to my FL residence. The transport regs shipping to Alaska - they are entirely different than shipping to the lower 48 States.

I'm confident no retailer will ship gun powder to you in Alaska, from the lower 48 States. Illegal using shipment methods utilized for small quantity shipments.
Thanks my son is driving feom missouri to the mat su valley this may thought he might be able to pick some up if I shipped it to him. Will check on canadas regulations.

Alaska is tough as you know. The hazmat transportation requirements make trying to get things on an individual basis tough. I spend time in both Alaska and the lower 48 now, and it's really nice to finally get to order this stuff and have it dropped at my door. I usually do my reloading down here, and just bring loaded ammo with me when driving or flying up. And just an FYI….. if you have ammo or reloading components in the vehicle going through the Canadian border, be prepared to pull into lane 1 for a good search. Happens almost every time now.

What part of the country are you in? I may have 5-7# of n570 that I would be willing to trade for some RL26, H1000, Retumbo, etc. I'm from North Dakota but will be traveling to Colorado this weekend.