Very hard read on this OCW!?

Kampfjager

How would you guys read this OCW?
20190504_102242.jpg

The only way to do a OCW is at short range period. If you want to back up and figure out a load in less shots switch to a ladder. Also the only way to read an OCW is by comparing point of impact as opposed to group size.

The only way to do a OCW is at short range period. If you want to back up and figure out a load in less shots switch to a ladder. Also the only way to read an OCW is by comparing point of impact as opposed to group size.
Exactly, and that's where this test gets tricky...if ya go by the center of the groups they are all right at the bottom of the circle & there isn't much deviation

Exactly, and that's where this test gets tricky...if ya go by the center of the groups they are all right at the bottom of the circle & there isn't much deviation

Once in a while you will get a "great" OCW like yours and you must shoot long range to actually find the one that hold together at distance. This is the number one reason I prefer to shoot ladders at 700-900 yards. The last Creedmoor I did an OCW with was even tighter than yours and was essentially worthless. A ladder test at 900 will show you the load.

These groups were shot round Robin, spread across almost 2 grains of powder, off bipod, with a factory rifle..... I'm incredibly pleased with all of them, the average group size was .535"..... I'm very impressed with the results from this bullet!!!!

I would start with 44.7. Dont worry about group size now. I just did a 308 and had the same thing happen.

Which one had the smallest velocity deviation? That's where I would start.
Then your missing the point of the ocw. I really wish people wouldn't reply to these threads if they don't understand the question. I can show you numerous small groups with tiny es in the scatter node. It's rare but does happen. If you pick those loads it will bite you when conditions change.

Then your missing the point of the ocw. I really wish people wouldn't reply to these threads if they don't understand the question. I can show you numerous small groups with tiny es in the scatter node. It's rare but does happen. If you pick those loads it will bite you when conditions change.
Define "scatter node".

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.