Venison sausage.

kc

Have any of you guys found any Mixes to make Venison sausage, I need to get plans early this year I have never made any, I have the tubes but never used them. I do have a jerky shooter I like but I spend to much time refilling it.

Sounds great and thanks for geting back so soon..I will check out the seasonings you posted.
I got a good feeling this Deer season is gonna be a great one. Most of the farms are planting beans and the few farms about 5 Miles from our farm, only one is planting corn and he cuts early and makes siledge.

KC, The following venison sausage formula:
1) remove all the fat from venison and pork
2) Debone both
3.) weigh venison meat and match with like amounts of lean pork
4.) assume 50# venison = 50# pork = 100 # meat x 20% = 20 #of a complete beef brisket.
5) Mix in the seasoning that you like thoroughly.
6) Dry and smoke, seal in vacuum bags.
7.) You can cook it in the following ways in boiling water with or without the bag, broil in BBQ pit or oven be careful not to burn. If you boil in the bag, the sausage will not absorb the water. Should have very little grease but juicy as can be.

I have used this formula for over 15 years. Let me know how you like it.
21buck.

I made some last week that turned out great. I tried the Cabelas Summer Sausage Smoke House kit and used my smoker. I used 6# of bacon ends and pieces along with 2 jars of diced Jalapenos, drained. It was easy and tastes great.

I have been using german sausage seasoning from Clifco Spice. Their prices are more reasonable than Cabelas, and I really like the taste.

I have used Cabelas Summer Sausage kit, it turned out really good, but its a little pricey.

Once you have smoked the sausage. It has to be FROZEN in the vacuum sealed bag. It will keep up to two years if if lasts that long. Use whatever seasoning you like. Personally, I like some chili powder, garlic, onions, salr pepper and occasion a hot pepper. This sausage can be fixed easily. Boil the entire bag in water for 20 minutes, remove from bag and boil on the grill, fry in the skillet , sliced with eggs. I like the first , it is the juiciest.

21 buck

Being Polish we use to boil our sausage .Bring to a rolling Boil place sausage in rolling boil . Boil for 18 minutes. Take out cut up and serve. If sausage can be boiled then it is great sausage. Grilled low and slow works well to.

Good stuff. I do the Texas version of German blends using natural casings and a blend of oak, hickory and pecan smoke.

I typically make link, summer and snack sticks.

Screenshot_20200320-232816_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20201018-120141_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20200320-232915_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20201018-120357_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• 20200514_192451.jpg
    20200514_192451.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 72
Butcher and Packer has some great summer sausage kits and alot of good seasonings for other sausage. Pretty good prices on high temp cheese also. Shipping is a little high but it is good.