Venison Chili Dog Chili

59FLH

All this discussion about Calvin45's smoked celery got me thinking about my chili dog chili recipe. I was in NC a few weeks ago visiting family and discovered Bores Head Brand Beef Hot Dogs in natural casings. It was my turn to cook so I fired up the grill and the skillet. My oldest sister who is for all practical purposes a vegetarian, ate 2 and polished of the remaining chili with a spoon. That made me smile.

Venison Chili Dog Chili

1lb Ground Venison

Tomato Paste – 1 can (6oz)

Sugar – 1/2 - 1 Tbs

Yellow Mustard – 1 Tbs

Minced Onion – 3-4 Tbs

Chili Powder – 2 tsp

Worcestershire sauce – 1 tsp

Salt (smoked if you can get it) - 1 tsp

Celery Seed – ½ tsp

Ground Cumin – ½ tsp

Black Pepper – ½ tsp

Beef Stock or Broth 1 cup*

Butter or Olive Oil - 1Tbs

Sautee onions & brown venison in butter or olive oil, add spices and tomato paste, stir in beef stock until desired consistency* is reached, simmer a few minutes. Done.

All this discussion about Calvin45's smoked celery got me thinking about my chili dog chili recipe. I was in NC a few weeks ago visiting family and discovered Bores Head Brand Beef Hot Dogs in natural casings. It was my turn to cook so I fired up the grill and the skillet. My oldest sister who is for all practical purposes a vegetarian, ate 2 and polished of the remaining chili with a spoon. That made me smile.

Venison Chili Dog Chili

1lb Ground Venison

Tomato Paste – 1 can (6oz)

Sugar – 1/2 - 1 Tbs

Yellow Mustard – 1 Tbs

Minced Onion – 3-4 Tbs

Chili Powder – 2 tsp

Worcestershire sauce – 1 tsp

Salt (smoked if you can get it) - 1 tsp

Celery Seed – ½ tsp

Ground Cumin – ½ tsp

Black Pepper – ½ tsp

Beef Stock or Broth 1 cup*

Butter or Olive Oil - 1Tbs

Sautee onions & brown venison in butter or olive oil, add spices and tomato paste, stir in beef stock until desired consistency* is reached, simmer a few minutes. Done.
Love chili, ezpecially camping or when the weather is cold, make it spicy...and something to wash it down

Use to be Yocco's hot dogs in Trexlertown PA (may still be there) that made a no tomato hot dog sauce that was killer good. Can be spicy or mild. Does really well with venison and a little pork or beef fat. Great on cheeseburgers!

One pound beef or venison
1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp onion flakes
1tsp oregano
1 Tbs paprika
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp Cumin (+- on this one)
1/4 tsp ground clove
Add pepper to desired heat

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and add all spices. Before heating, stir into a paste.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for one hour or until liquid is reduced to your liking.

Use to be Yocco's hot dogs in Trexlertown PA (may still be there) that made a no tomato hot dog sauce that was killer good. Can be spicy or mild. Does really well with venison and a little pork or beef fat. Great on cheeseburgers!

1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp onion flakes
1tsp oregano
1 Tbs paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground clove

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and add all spices. Before heating, stir into a paste.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for one hour or until liquid is reduced to your liking.
My nephew lives in Palmerton I'll ask him to check it out.

Last edited:
Useless without pictures.gif

😇

1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp onion flakes
1tsp oregano
1 Tbs paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground clove

I googled it, they are still there, 6 locations. I found this ineteresting " Yocco's success has been the Secret Sauce."

Uh Oh!