vanguard/howa long action stock

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cummin_un_glued, Oct 19, 2011.

1. cummin_un_glued

cummin_un_glued Well-Known Member

i was really wanting the bell and carlson tactical stock for my new 257 but it only comes in short action, so after a few hours of searching all i came up with is a manners or a mcmillian A2 that are the style i want and will fit this thing, but i really wasnt wanting to spend that kinda money on one, does anybody know of a stock maker that has one for a vanguard/howa long action that is around the $250 range?

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I dont know of any others I have the manners I'm not rich and I have never regreted it.

3. strombeckj

strombeckj Well-Known Member

4. cummin_un_glued

the hi-tech's are not the style stock i'm looking for, i'm starting to think i might just have to buy a wood stock and have it dipped, i'm sure the manners are really nice but at around $500 i'm just not looking to spend that on a stock

5. osprey176

osprey176 Member

I put a Hogue Overmolded stock on my .257 WBY Vanguard.Looks good,nice feel,quiet.They come in pillar,or full length bedding.I'm pleased with my choice.

6. cummin_un_glued

i just really want the vertical tactical style grip

7. strombeckj

strombeckj Well-Known Member

8. cummin_un_glued

that does look alot like what i'm looking for and they are actually close enough to me that i can take a drive over and check them out, thanks alot

9. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your time frame is and or how much you are looking at spending but my dad has Manners T2 on his 6.5-06ai that he is thinking about selling and switching to a MCS-T. His T2 has had pillars put in and has been bedded.