Vallidation at last

Congrats and nice shot on the deer. Some of the guys on here make it sound easier than it is in the moment of the shot!

Sorry about the difficult year. Rest assured you are not singled out or alone when it comes to heartache. There is plenty to go around. Stay focused on the positves, as it seems you have. Some of these events help us cheerish the great moments in life and stay focused on the truely important stuff. .

Good luck to you and your wife with the little one on the way. Life is amazing!!! Keep us posted when the little one arrives.

I'll 2nd/3rd/and 4th that statement.

Thanks again guys. I think the hardest part of all this is the fact I was planning to have "the year" with my dad. We had just put in for points in Wyoming for antelope with my uncle and new step cousin that have never hunted. My dad and I learned to hunt together. He did not grow up doing it. He could see the fire in my eyes at a young age though and took the time out to take me wherever in the state I wanted to go. We werent always very successfull in fact we stunk pretty bad. But we had some very memorable encounters. The type that drive me still today. My father in the 20 years of hunting(not too seriusly but still some very good effort) he had never connected on any big game. The Wyoming trip was going to be it. Too many antelope to not get one. Game in sight at all times. I was gathering parts to build him a 243 which he wanted. He said his 300 winny was too big. I was going to give it to him on his birthday. This Sunday...... Even though my dad was one of the most mellow and easy goin guys. We didnt always get along the best. Infact most of the time we would fight like brothers. For the last 4-5 years I had really tried to bite my toung and treat him with more respect and not allways have to be right. He will never know the depth of my love for him or the thanks I keep inside. I owe my whole lifestyle to him. He was only 58 and we had no idea anything was wrong. He died of a deep cranial bleed. I held his hand as they pulled the plug and the last bit of pulse went through his veins. For eight minutes after he stopped breathing his heart beat on. The nurse said it is a common phenom in younger people in that type of instance. The heart doesnt want to give up and doesnt know the control pannel is down. My mother, brother, wife, and I were all there. The worst thing I have ever been put through. At his memorial(the state planted a tree for him at the park near our house) his coworkers didnt know we had misscarried the first time and were telling us how my dad was "beeming" and "telling everyone" when he found out he was going to be a grandfather. He never got to see us pregnant again or to hold his grandchild to be. I guess I am telling you guys this so you can think about the trivial things we keep between loved ones and how life can just end with no warning or reason. Tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Actions arent always enough.

Jason Perry

In memory of

William(Bill) John Perry
11/12/48-8/16/2007

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your father. He was a young man. I can only hope that when he passed he didn't take his dreams with him. I hope he lived every one of them already. I'm a bit older than he, and was beginning to get grumpy as it looked as if my big dreams would die with me. Thus the trip with Buffalobob. It would have been a bad thing to have lived in Idaho and never have experienced the North Fork country.

Your Dad was a good man and left behind a good son to carry on the name.

You'll do good.

Roy

Congratulations on the great job (s) on the rifle build, reload, and shot. Congratulations to you and Mom to Be. Congatulations on character we all aspire to have. Good luck in the future with that little one

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.