URSA Virginia Fun Shoot Location Selected, Date Set!!!

ELR Researcher

Here is a pic (Pics) of the venue for the first official URSA "activity". Those foothills are at 4400 yards.

Tentatively IBS 1000 yard benchrest targets will be placed at 2000, 2500, 3000, and 3500 - 37" outer ring, shots need to be on or inside the outer ring to count.

About 30 folks have indicated a strong interest in shooting and the "activity" will be capped at that - to avoid messing up the relationship with the local land owner. Some shooters expect an 8 hour travel time. Those who have contacted the Regional Director will be notified when the date is finalized.

We will post "results" on the URSA website - and the various forums - as they become available.

UPDATE (05142014 PM) - The date for this Fun Shoot is May 25th. Starting time is daylight. Claypool Hill, Va is about 15 minutes from where this will take place. Contact the RD if interested at [email protected]. Serious shooters only!! He only has room for a few more shooters so contact him ASAP.

This Fun Shoot was supposed to take place sometime in March/April but May is when this will happen. Alot of work has gone into getting this ready so bear with me. Finding the right terrain where each target will be safe to shoot and also shooting from 2000yd-3500yds from the same location is VERY hard to find. We are fortunate to be able to find such place. Contact me ASAP if you are interested.

Spectater my ***! We were to be seconds to each other. if you are not ready to rock, I still need you to check behind me as I go into the unknown. Robert, I need this guy as I am traveling alone and have setup needs.

Are you allowing spectators? I probably won't be able to load anything by then but would love to watch.

I told Chris he could come. Also I got a phone call from Russell (Chris`s friend) saying he is coming.

Hope that others coming to the event will post here. Would like to know what kind of equipment will be fielded.

Randy .408 Wildcat

enter yours HERE!

Here is what most shooters coming are bringing.

50 BMG
408 Cheytac
375 Cheytac
375 Snipetac
338 Cheytac
338 Lapua
338 Lapua Ackley IMP
338 Norma
22LR- He`s a good shot!!

Sling

Fantastic Event!!! I posted some pictures as soon as it gets ok'ed by the mods, they will be up. Great group of guys and a fantastic day to shoot. Can't say enough good things about Rob setting it up and the landowner allowing us to use his property, both great guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.