Upgrade press too what?

I have seen mixed reviews on M press but don't own one.
I have all the others mentioned and will throw in look at the MEC. I like the MEC but I have been noticing it let's a few primers hit the floor instead of the catch bin otherwise a great press.
My 1977 Rockchucker is still plodding along after all these years so can't say anything bad except it lets a lot of primers hit the floor as well.
No primers escape the Redding T7 ,Forster.
Hornady Iron press does well and you can add the priming system which works fine but adds moving parts that will eventually need maintenance.

I recently bought the rcbs summit and I'm not an rcbs fan at all. Converted it to the lnl bushing system and have been very happy.
I watched the previously posted video and read the links. The best press was the prazzi press, but it was ~$900. I have a hornady lnl classic as well, so the bushing conversion sealed the deal.
Love Forster products, but the summit had a bigger opening (4.5" / very useful for my 300 mag + 338 edge), scored better in the 14 press test, and was substantially less expensive.

hey guys I'm currently looking to upgrade my press. I've been using a Lee Challenger press for about 8 years but I'm thinking I want an upgrade. What presses are you all running? I would like to keep things simple with a single stage press. I reload for 5.56 through .300 Win mag.
I really like my Hornady iron press. It's the best single stage I've owned.

Really like my forster! But did buy a grip n pull that won't work on it,Bummer! Been thinking about buying the RCBS Summit for a second press after watching that comparison video

I deprime using a rcbs partner press. I size using a Redding ultramag it takes no effort I normally use two fingers. I seat using a co ax.

The only thing I dislike about Redding ultramag is it is a huge stroke on 223 and 22-250, but that really is not a big deal. If I could go back I would get rcbs summit and use quick release plates and bring it out with me if when I shoot to make changes.

I bought ultramag to load 45-110 and then realized how easy it actually is to size. The less movement for sizing has to make more concentric ammo. The co ax has been really good to me with seating as well. It comes down to get a good press and get comfortable with it.

If you are mounting the press on a dedicated bench, you have a lot of good options. If want a press that can be used on any flat table, the RCBS Summit is a very handy press that doesn't overhang the bench/table. Attach it to a piece of 2x6 and You can move it easily.

My "Chucker", like me is older than dirt; but still plugging along. It's been relagated to sizing, case forming and all hand gun loading processes. Bullet seating for my long guns is now done with my M.E.C. metalic. My bullet run-out is consitantly under .002 and often the needle barely moves. I would like a DIllion prograssive for hand gun ammo but ca't justify the cost.

I've got a Rock chucker and Dillon 650. The 650 is awesome for handgun loads, but I'll be buying a Dillon 550 for Semi-auto rifle reloading. I think it's better for Rifle calibers than the 650.

I too had a Lee Challenger for years.
Loaded up many sub moa rounds.
Decided to upgrade and I went thru Hornady LocknLoad, Iron Press, Redding Big Boss II, T7, Dillon 550b, 650xl and Co-Ax.
Now I only run the Co-Ax for a majority of my Rifle loads.
My plinking rounds I load with my 650xl. 3rd is my T7.
The others are in storage or sold.

It took me awhile to try out the Co-Ax since I had so many bushings and shell holders already invested.
If I were to go back, I would have saved & bought the Co-Ax 1st then the 650xl 2nd.

All the other presses and brands work well too. RCBS is very dependable.
Nothing wrong with any of them. These presses just work for me very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.