Unusual Rack

Citified

Good morning all:
I don't usually post much but have been a faithful reader for several years. Sure have learned a lot from all the experts here.
Finally relocated this year from Southern California to Central Oregon. We live in a beautiful forested area and there are deer and elk everywhere!
I took a shot of this big muley nearby and my question is: Is this common to see a web tined rack like this?
I have hunted Ca, Utah, Tennessee and Kentucky and seen larger deer, but not with a web shaped rack.
Missed hunting season this year due to the move but just curious.
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• EADC4046-1180-4002-AA0C-BF81F93D5C64.jpeg
    EADC4046-1180-4002-AA0C-BF81F93D5C64.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 934
Looks like an old warrior....like those kind....
Once posted a pic of one taken near Madras...both sides webbed at the main forks and the nontypical from there on with a lot of points on each side.....

Thats just a nice mature mule deer.One that you shouldnt miss hunting season for

Rebell, I think you may be correct. Showed the photo to my nearest neighbor( also a hunter) and he said he saw him last year.
We have both seen other bucks but this one is distinctive with the right tine web shaped.

An old warrior likely had an injury to the right antler at some time. Antlers have a memory and will grow new antlers with that deformity the next year, and again the year after that.

Good morning all:
I don't usually post much but have been a faithful reader for several years. Sure have learned a lot from all the experts here.
Finally relocated this year from Southern California to Central Oregon. We live in a beautiful forested area and there are deer and elk everywhere!
I took a shot of this big muley nearby and my question is: Is this common to see a web tined rack like this?
I have hunted Ca, Utah, Tennessee and Kentucky and seen larger deer, but not with a web shaped rack.
Missed hunting season this year due to the move but just curious.
Thanks
Steve
Welcome to Oregon. It's always good to see more like-minded folks here. Your buck might have Buckzilla genes...he was a Bend resident for years
Enjoy,
Steve