Untalented shooter.

Thescandinavian

Hello.
I'm "new" to long range shooting.
I did shoot some acceptable groups with a 223 some years ago, but last few years I had limited time, but I recently got a 300wheatherby in mark V that I remembered in 7mm practical.
Will be a dedicated rifle for reindeer and red deer at extended ranges.
Still in fire forming process and had a few setbacks, but in general I think the man behind the scope is not doing he's job well.
I doubt I will post much in here, but I will spend time reading as myself fail and evolve.

Cheers.

again Welcome , don't be sooo hard on yourself , lifes tuff enough , sounds like you have a good project started , Enjoy the forum we all make it what it is.

Weather is crap so great time to dryfire by kitchen table.
I'm getting that part of my practice.
Well I'm not in my best shooting form and not a top shooter to begin with so I know my limitations. There will be some time before I'm confident at taking anything live at more than 400meters.
But I'm gonna enjoy myself reading a few things here and see what works for me and not.
Don't expect much contribution for a long long time.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.