unit 9 antelope doe tag

remcraz

Where is the best past place to get a doe in unit 9. I will have to be on public land any help would be great. This will be my first time antelope hunting.
Thanks Ted

Get the walk area maps they are a big help. They are not hard to find. Where are you going to be staying while you are there. My group will out there the first week of October.

I have no idea where to stay. I drew a buck tag in unit 23 and have everything as far as lodging and area to hunt but I drew the doe tag in unit 9 and have no idea on that area. Ill get the walk in map and hopefully that will help. Do you have any idea which walk in area would be the best. Thanks for the help
Ted

Man those units are a good distance apart. I would stay closer to the area that I have the buck tag for. The does are easy to find shouldn't take 1/2 a day to find one and fill that tag. I will PM you some more info about where to look. My group will be staying at the camp ground that is right in Lusk.

Yea I kinda hoped Id draw a doe tag for the same unit as the buck but I guess you gotta take what they give you and believe me Im happy. Thanks for all the help and am looking forward to the follow up. I hope all you guys get a big one
Thanks Ted

The last two trips out everyone has tagged out, but the bucks are just average 12" goats. The best one that we have shot is a 15 1/4". Still a fun trip and we bring home some good meat.

2yrs in A7 on private ranch and no draw this time. Looking for private in A10,A15,A22,A23 will pay. Only hunting Does this year and have lots of Lake Erie Walleye. 3 hunters age 58,51,26. reference from Newcastle Area7 upon request.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts