• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Unchambered Lothar Walther/Blackstar Barrels

Joel Russo

New unchambered, Satinless Steel, Barrels.

1) .308, 10 twist, 1.200-straight taper to .900 at muzzle, finish at 27" ** SOLD **

2) .308, 12 twist, 1.200-straight taper to .900 at muzzle, finish at 27" ** SOLD **

3) .308, 9 twist, 1.200-straight taper to .840 at muzzle, finish at 31" ** SOLD **

$225.00 each, shipped to the lower 48.

Last edited:
These are great barrels for a hell of a deal guys you won't be dissapointed , I'd buy all three if I had the money.
They shoot great clean up realy easy and the material their made from last longer than any other SS barrel on the market.

Joel, I'd like to take the 10 or 12 twist barrel, depending on which one would be best for 200 gr bullets at 3200-3250 fps. Also, how long is the 1.2" dia shank?

I've only used 10 twist barrels so far in the .30 x .378 Wby. and .300 RUM. No experience with the 12 twist. What do you think? How about you, James? I noticed you took the 9 twist 31". My email is [email protected]. I'm computer challenged and can get P/M's but haven't been able to reliably send them.

Thanks, Tom

Tom,

Both will handle the velocity you are talking about if you are going to shoot out to 1000 yards. If your goal is to shoot beyond that, I would suggest you go with the 10 twist.

1.200" shank is 4" long.

Joel. I'll take the 10 twist, just in case the barrel ends up in a slower .30 cal cartridge. Right now I'm planning on chambering it in .30 x .378, but you know how projects change! Wish I could afford to get both, but the tax man cometh.

Please e-mail your mailing address to me, or post a link to your business so I can get a check on the way.

Thanks, Tom

Bump back up ,I was just looking at the barrel that Joel sent me , I was checking it out with a bore scope compaining it to a Bartlein , Hart and a Lilja I have here and I have to say I'm very impressed with the bore condition ,its noticably smoother than the others , has WAY less "tool" marks from the rifeling and lapping.

Also a note for the guys that don't know , the material that is used in these barrel is much differant than whats normaly uses.

416 SS normaly used in rifle barrels , has a yield strength of around 40 to 45 ksi and a Brinnel hardness of 230

17-4 that is used in these barrels , has a yield strength of 135-145ksi and a brinnel hardness of 330+ !!!

17-4 is much more resistant to erosion and corrosion making it perfect for barrels.

when chambering these barrel you have to take care to keep the reamer cool and use a good cutting oil , a chamber flush system is optimal but one can get a great chamber by just dabbing oil on the reamer each time he cleans it , of course it would be best of you either drill or bore the chamber out close to the reamer size first or use a roughing reamer but its not absolutly needed. If you try to run it to fast and get impatient with will be hard on the reamer.

Good cutting oil Like Moly-Dee and frequient cleaning of the reamer and chamber make it no big deal.