Two new rifles in one week

Dave King

I'm a little in shock (and so is my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif!!). Last week I picked up my G. A. Precision AR-15 Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) and just yesterday I picked up my latest 308 Win. This particular 308 Win was my spare 308 rifle but I can't seem to live with a rifle that is less than... well a second place rifle. Clay Spencer reworked the action, changed out the Remington extractor for a Sako style and installed one of his 26" 1x10 barrels and fixed a few other things.

I figure to add a few items to the SPR to complete the setup, I need some A.R.M.S. rings, A.R.M.S. Harris nipod attachment device and an A.R.M.S. front sling swivel. I have a Leupold 3.5 x 10 M1 waiting to be put in place on that critter... look out groundhogs!!

I still need to do a little load workup for the 308 (just got is home yesterday!). It'll primarily be for F-Class shooting but ike all the others I'll use it for hunting too. I put a NXS 5.5 x 22 (56mm objective) on it. I has a bunch of one lot number RWS brass, CCI BR primers, Varget and SMK 175s to play with.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.