Turret questions

trhall

Hello,
I am new to the board. I have 2 winchester model 70 rifles in .300 win and .270. They are older that I have rebuilt recently with McMillan stocks and Burris Signature Select scopes in 3x12 and 4x16 (.300). I've also had the triggers reworked and adjusted to 1.5lbs. I do not have much experience beyond 500 yds and would really like learn this craft. My first question would be does anyone know of aftermarket or OEM adjustable turrets available for these scopes? The both have the BDC center post mil dots, but I'm not sure how accurate those are and how I'd build the tables for them.

Thank you for any help, Todd...

Kenton lists Burris Signatures in their line up.

Picture Gallery

They seem to have a pretty good reputation.

If you can figure out the spacing for the BDC dots, lots of programs - Exbal I know for sure - have BDC matching functions. Actually, I just looked and Exbal has a "Burrs Ballistic Mil Dot" profile already built. Might work for you.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Todd, I recently selected a Burris Signature 3-12 for my 7mm Dakota and I contacted Burris. They will install target turrets for $80 per pair including return shipping.

Todd, I recently selected a Burris Signature 3-12 for my 7mm Dakota and I contacted Burris. They will install target turrets for $80 per pair including return shipping.

Thanks for all the great info guys. I contacted Burris and got the info I needed. I'll be looking to get more in depth into this during the winter this year.

Your welcome and waiting until winter is good as they get busy and backed up this time of year. I'm new to this forum also and there are lots of good folks here willing to help. Browse around Burris' website they have tables to break down the BDC reticles but remember those are only close at one magnification setting. Others here can mention different trajectory software to plot out what you need but you'll need to have your loads worked up first. I use NTinnovations "open load" but there are others too.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.