Trying to find a guided hunt

I like the look of the Axis deer. Same size as mature whitetail? Is there an outfitter you would recommend?
This. Axis deer
I'd say a mature axis buck is about like a mature midwestern whitetail. They're bigger than a hill country whitetail buck. Maybe a touch smaller than a Muley buck. I'll shoot you a PM with a couple places I've been to.
My vote is axis deer as well. I went with TC outfitters this year and the owner was about as nice of a person as they come. I paid for a whitetail hunt but after seeing a big axis deer come in, he let me swap my hunt for an axis hunt. It's hill country so a good chance you will see audad and/or blackbuck too. I think they have 5 free range ranches with some of them being around 16,000-18,000 acres.

Attachments

• 20231204_085150.jpg
    20231204_085150.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
can't remember the outfitter name but owner was dusty Crary near choteau. I think the middle part of the state would be a better opportunity for both. I got a nice mule deer and almost got opportunity for a cow elk. They were in very different areas. It was beautiful place to hunt both sides of the divide. Hit me up if you want my notes on all the different outfitters I talked with

Thanks

Buck
Here you go ...

https://sevenlazyp.com/about/

I've hunted the Choteau/Augusta area, too. I think they have different hunting spots, depending on the game, all of which are majestic areas.