troubleshooting my scopes Help

johnhhernan

I have 2 5-25 NF, I'm zeroed at 200 yds, I shot at 660 yds and 889 yds yesterday. I shot at 2.5 MOA to the right. As far as I can tell the scope is level the bubble level on the rear scope ring is level. I'm torqued to 25 lbs on the rings and i'm torqued to 68 lbs on the mount themselves.

My vertical is perfect.

If it was the wind according to my calculations in order to move the bullet that far the wind would have to blowing 15 MPH and there was a slight wind every now and then.

I went as far as making my own 1/2" rope plumb bob and hung it from my neighbors basketball hoop about 40 yds away, it was as plumb as far as I can tell.

Now this happening with both scopes, so , I don't think it is the scope.

So tomorrow I'm going to shoot a box test and see what happens. So let's say I do shoot a rhombus and not a nice square what would cause that.

What do some of you folks use to square up your rifle scopes. I'm using the wheeler engineering dual levels, where i put a level on my rail and then i clamp one down to the barrel and level it up, I then remove it from the rail and place it on the scope cap of the scope and then ensure that both scope levels are still showing level as i'm torquing it to the specified 25lbs.

John, the first thing I do when I have similar experiences is to "square up" the shooter. Shoulder position, rear bag (if used) unbalanced hold (pressure favoring of side of the stock) improper cheek weld, and a few other possibilities could be causing your problem.
Same problem with more than one scope usually = shooter issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.