Triplets

Joel Russo

3FC25297-1E55-49FB-8194-5767BFA06BB9.jpeg
BAD7E8AE-1643-4BB7-9B82-5B2F433F4C84.jpeg
85DF624D-8D3B-4351-9D05-593AC4EC9512.jpeg
7D4B077B-1D09-48B3-AD49-4DB9FD862D50.jpeg
About fifteen years ago I picked up three nicely figured American Black Walnut blanks that were sequentially cut from the same tree. I used one to make a stock for myself, as I was interested in shooting the PRS circuit. That never happened as I was too busy with the front end work with the action business we had just started. When we introduced our actions, I barreled one of our Axioms and re inletted and bedded that stock to accept it, and have been using it to compete on the NALRSA circuit.
Fast forward to November of this year. My wife came up with the idea that I should build my two teenage sons rifles for Christmas... they've been talking big about outshooting me in matches, true to teenager form. lol. So I went to the wood pile and sorted through numerous blanks. It didn't take long for the lightbulb to go off. I pulled those two other blanks and went to work. I pulled two actions with serial numbers that ended in 000014, and 000016 to coincide with their ages, and barreled them in 6.5 Creedmor.
A mad thrash for a few weeks, and I came up with these.
Time for them to back up their big talk with small groups....

Last edited:
Nice!

There is nothing better than to be able to offer your children such fine mementos of their teen years. Anyone would be proud to own such a fine gift!

Enjoy competing with them as well, they often develop other interests which pull them away from us. (girls...:eek:)

That is really awesome Joel. Hope you guys had a merry Christmas. Thank you for all your help.

Beautiful stocks and rifles over-all. What's left to say? Let us know how they shoot....

About the only thing better I could think of would be having a matching set for myself! One in .223 for squirrels, one in .243 Ackley Improved and a long action in 7mm Rem mag! Small, medium and large. I'm sure others have their prefered chamberings, but again....great work.

Father of the year! Assist to Mom.

Those stocks are gorgeous.....and functional. Those are two lucky boys. Now time for dad to put them in their place at the range.....hahaha.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts