Trijicon tr-23 and tracking

Punisher

How do these things work on a long range rig? Is the tracking clean and good?

Duribility?
Clarity around the edge of lens?

I you have used one, I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.

I have two of them, tracking is perfect and the glass is very nice. Heavy and durable. It works fine for longe range hunting. That being said, get something else in the same price range...

This is my first post, but I had to chime in. I have one with the green triangle. I just bought one with the red triangle and will probably get the 2.5-10 later this year for big game.

They are great scopes, tracking is excellent, the glass is very good and they are built tough. I've heard guys say the triangles are not any good for precision work. This is not true, in fact, I prefer the post. You have too understand how to use it. Use the tip for poi. You can't get anymore precise than that. I can routinely shoot 1/4-1/2 moa groups out to 600 with mine. Have shot 1 1/4 inch groups at 400, 1/2 inch at 300 and 2 inch groups at 600. I missed a coyote this winter at 913 yards by inches. I misjudged the wind as there was a draw in between getting more of a breeze than I suspected, thus it was inches to the right. But.....the elevation was dead nuts and returned perfectly. Mine first was on an AR set up, now is on a bolt 6.5 creedmoor and the new one will be on a 6mm remington build that was just finished. Honestly, after having one for a few years it is hard for me to go back to any other kind of reticle. I was looking at getting a Meopta or a Zeiss this time around, but cannot give up the post and quality of my trijicon. I LOVE it. Also, if you ever do any low light hunting, or fast acquisition coyote work, the illumination works great. No batteries and set it at the intensity you want without overpowering your eyes. Sometimes during the day I will shut down the illumination totally and just go with a black triangle which I really like too, it is very finite and crisp on the point.

Hope this helps, I don't think you'll be disappointed in one of these scopes.

That is interesting feedback on both accounts. What I'm hearing is that they work very well mechanically and one poster prefers this scope and another does not.

I'm thinking that this scope is going to meet my needs very well.

Well, there are certainly other fantastic scopes out there for long range in the same price range, no doubt. We really are in a time of many great choices in optics as quality/innovation just keeps getting better and better. That being said, I wouldn't trade mine for any as they serve all my purposes so well.

If you pick one up, I'd really like a report on your thoughts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.