trajectory validation

trueblue

Just wanted to see if I was on the right track. Do you change your BC to match your trajectory, or change your velocity ? I chrono'ed my load, but not with a very high dollar chronograph. Started validating trajectory and found that I needed to increase my velocity by 30fps to match trajectory. Do I proceed forward with developing drop tables based on 30 more fps and then keep re-verifying, or look @ raising the BC ? Could just be 6 of this/ half dozen of the other scenario. Please advise.

You need to know your MV. Then tweak the BC to match trajectory. If you're guessing on MV then the rest of it will be no better than a guess also. It's not uncommon to have to tweak the BC from published values.

I've found I don't have very good luck establishing realistic BCs based on trajectory until I shoot out to pretty long distances - like around 1000 yds. I got some misleading numbers when I'd only shoot out to 600 yds.

Phorwath,
Thanks. That might be what is going on, as I am shooting at 700yds right now. Will extend it out for further data.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.