Trajectory Physics

edenfies

I was wondering if anyone here could lend some suggestions for books or literature on bullet trajectory physics. I'm trying to better understand the basis for ballistic software. What assumptions they make, how they set up there models, etc... With this knowledge I want to see if I can make any improvements or develop my own program. Just for a little background, I have a degree in Chemical Engineering so the more technical the better on literature. Also please lend some insight to what you like or dislike about current ballistic software. Thanks for the help in advance.

I was wondering if anyone here could lend some suggestions for books or literature on bullet trajectory physics. I'm trying to better understand the basis for ballistic software. What assumptions they make, how they set up there models, etc... With this knowledge I want to see if I can make any improvements or develop my own program. Just for a little background, I have a degree in Chemical Engineering so the more technical the better on literature. Also please lend some insight to what you like or dislike about current ballistic software. Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks for spelling engineer correctly. The last "engineer" I talked to on this site mispelled his so called profession. Or maybe they spell it differently in Texas? I don't know but how could a guy go through 16 years of schooling and not know how to spell it? Then again, he thought cotton patches was what breaks in barrels. Sheesh. Anyhow, I'm rambling and being a jerk.

A good book on your question is "Understanding firearm ballistics" by Robert A. Rinker. It is worth a read, and it has all that fun math to enjoy!

Thanks for spelling engineer correctly. The last "engineer" I talked to on this site mispelled his so called profession. Or maybe they spell it differently in Texas? I don't know but how could a guy go through 16 years of schooling and not know how to spell it? Then again, he thought cotton patches was what breaks in barrels. Sheesh. Anyhow, I'm rambling and being a jerk.

A good book on your question is "Understanding firearm ballistics" by Robert A. Rinker. It is worth a read, and it has all that fun math to enjoy!
GG
That thars funny. I thought everyone knew cotton patches is where you picks your cotton. Briar patches is what breaks in barrels.:D
James

LOL... I don't think I would want that guy designing anything for me, especially if he overlooks as obvious of a detail as the misspelling of engineer.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.