Trading rifle

jon12

I am thinkin of getting a used remington sendero to build my sort of custom rifle on. I want the rem long action and the HS precision stock from it. What is the best way to find one of these, if i couldnt find one in a local gun or pawn shop? Is there any place where used guns are listed on the internet besides gunsamerica.com, where most sendero listings seem to be stores listing new in the box senderos anyway(i would actually prefer not to buy anything, especially a rifle that i would wanna check out my self, over the internet, but if i found areally good deal i might think about it)? What should i expect to pay for a decent sendero? Round count isnt an issue sisnce it will be rebarrelled, just good action and stock. I also dont really care if its the SF or the regular.

Also, to put toward buying the sendero, i wanna get rid of my rem model seven. It is blued with wood stock, a few years old, very low round(maybe 100), and in perfect shape, it has mostly just sat in the safe. It has a VXII 3-9x40 in leupold mounts that might would go with it. It is chambered in .243 win. It has also had the facotry trigger adjusted. How much do you think i could get for this realistically, and how should i go about trying to sell it(dont wanna list it on the internet really???)?

Thanks.

Jon:
You might look at this site. http://www.gunbroker.com/ there are usually several Sendero's there. Can't help with the rifle your selling other than to say you could try a couple of gun shows. Usually plenty of buyers there. The dealers will want to buy it at bottom dollar though. But you would find out what it is worth

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.