• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Trade Primers for Brass - Ligit Post

I PM'd and spoke to someone and wanted to trade factory 300 PRC ammo box for box (pre covid non-gouging prices) since normal retail was about the same (both about $45/box). Heck, my original offer was 6 of mine for 4 boxes of primers which I thought was generous and I was helping a reputable rifle builder in my own backyard. The person I spoke to was very fair and said we should trade even value so box for box sounded fair but had to clear it with the bosses.

Your offer for 6 of my boxes of ammo for 2 boxes of primers was an insult. You valued my ammo at retail and your primers at 5x retail. Honestly I was just trying to help you out with some ammo I didn't need and I didn't really NEED the primers. I had just listened to the podcast on RNA and realized you could use the ammo to move some customer's rifles so I could have had ammo to you in about 10 minutes. Oh well, hope you find what you're looking for.
I assume you are talking bricks of 1000 primers here? I won't be interested in swaps like that either. I don't NEED the primers but if I can swap something I don't need something I can use later at reasonable values I am certainly interested. None of this stuff is readily available right now. Those dies are ~6 months out right now, who knows on the brass which is why I thought we were having the discussion here in the first place. I refuse to play in the gouging game but also realize that values today are different than they were a year or even 6 months ago. Gouging on this site will get canceled pretty quickly.

I assume you are talking bricks of 1000 primers here? I won't be interested in swaps like that either. I don't NEED the primers but if I can swap something I don't need something I can use later at reasonable values I am certainly interested. None of this stuff is readily available right now. Those dies are ~6 months out right now, who knows on the brass which is why I thought we were having the discussion here in the first place. I refuse to play in the gouging game but also realize that values today are different than they were a year or even 6 months ago. Gouging on this site will get canceled pretty quickly.
My point was we both likely paid normal retail prices and both items are hard to come by currently. I only reached out to try to help a good group of guys that build outstanding rifles get those rifles to their customers. I stood to lose on the deal and was ok with that but I'm not going to just give my ammo away for pennies on the dollar to a business to make money off of.

@Team AllTerra contact sent

@ImBillT you might want to take a step back. You are calling a member out here that has been on 8 months longer than you, who is a sponsor of the site, having only 22 posts yourself (at the time I write this) 6 of which are on this thread. True, some clarifications probably needed to be made and that has happened. Might want to rethink your approach especially considering where you are coming from. This forum is not like most others out there Len is really good about keeping things civil, clean and pleasant here.
I don't know why I want to step back from my first post in this thread, which pointed out that the pic didn't contain what was advertised. How else would we know which was really for sale? I don't know why I would want to step back from another post addressing the uselessness of a pic that was a result of an image search. How else would we know if the OP even had what he was selling? I do know why one poster in this thread might want to take a step back from calling me a butthole. Did you notice that I never called the OP a name or accused him of being a scammer? Do you not think it is better that the OP has corrected his ad and clarified the issues about his location? Do you not think that any seller posting an ad should avoid pictures that came from someone else's ad over a year ago?

I didn't call anyone names.

I wanted to know what exactly was actually being sold. This is a reasonable concern.

I wanted better evidence that the seller was in fact in possession of the items being sold. This is also a reasonable concern.

The OP has appropriately correct his ad. He hasn't explained why he used the photo he did, but it does appear to have been adequately corrected.

We had an "old guy who isn't forum savvy" (his own words) create the original listing. He said that when making the post it told him that a photo was needed, so he just grabbed the first thing he found on google images and uploaded it. Lesson learned!

We also have an abundance of the items below up for trade for brass/ammo that we can shoot into brass. Sincere apologies to those who have offered up trades and felt like they were receiving the short end of the deal. The last thing we want to do is gouge anybody or make offers personal. Seems we all hold a high value for what components we do have, and rightfully so given the current state of the market!

What we have to barter:
Federal 210 Primers
Federal 215 Primers
Berger 6.5mm 156 grain Elite Hunters (boxes of 100)
Berger 7mm 180 grain ELD (boxes of 100)
Berger .308 205 grain Elite Hunters (boxes of 100)
Berger .308 210 grain VLD Hunting (boxes of 100)
Berger .338 250 grain Elite Hunters (boxes of 100)

What we are looking to barter for:
Brass/ammo in 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, 28 Nosler, 300 SS, 338 SS

I don't know why I want to step back from my first post in this thread, which pointed out that the pic didn't contain what was advertised. How else would we know which was really for sale? I don't know why I would want to step back from another post addressing the uselessness of a pic that was a result of an image search. How else would we know if the OP even had what he was selling? I do know why one poster in this thread might want to take a step back from calling me a butthole. Did you notice that I never called the OP a name or accused him of being a scammer? Do you not think it is better that the OP has corrected his ad and clarified the issues about his location? Do you not think that any seller posting an ad should avoid pictures that came from someone else's ad over a year ago?

I didn't call anyone names.

I wanted to know what exactly was actually being sold. This is a reasonable concern.

I wanted better evidence that the seller was in fact in possession of the items being sold. This is also a reasonable concern.

The OP has appropriately correct his ad. He hasn't explained why he used the photo he did, but it does appear to have been adequately corrected.
I am with you here on this, I saw the pic and read the post. I thought scam upfront myself. The OP has straightened out any misgivings and seems GTG.

My point was we both likely paid normal retail prices and both items are hard to come by currently. I only reached out to try to help a good group of guys that build outstanding rifles get those rifles to their customers. I stood to lose on the deal and was ok with that but I'm not going to just give my ammo away for pennies on the dollar to a business to make money off of.
So, I got a similar offer PM'd to me at 200 primers per box of my ammo - so about $250/1000 primer brick cost (with ammo valued at retail of $50 a box - if you figure street value of the ammo it is much worse). That is beyond gouging IMO. Just thought I would save others the time of sending a PM if you want even remotely reasonable pricing.

Thanks for the honest feedback gentlemen. We'll discuss here and reevaluate our offer strategy. Hope you all have a great weekend.

So, I got a similar offer PM'd to me at 200 primers per box of my ammo - so about $250/1000 primer brick cost (with ammo valued at retail of $50 a box - if you figure street value of the ammo it is much worse). That is beyond gouging IMO. Just thought I would save others the time of sending a PM if you want even remotely reasonable pricing.
I charge a price between retail and gunbroker, for cash sales, but you have to trade at retail for both parties. More so, when both items are equally scarce. I'll keep those offers in mind if anyone at that company ever calls me back from the voicemail I left a couple of days ago about my 6.5 prc ammo and lapua 300 prc brass. Thanks for the heads up.

Recent Posts