Torn between Remington 5R and Remington XCR TLR

turbo3428

Hey, I am torn between the Remington 5R and the Remington XCR tactical long range. I would like to be able to shoot out to 1000 yards at some point, most of my shots while hunting have been under 500 yards to date. It would mainly be a hunting rifle. I have a Tikka T3 SS in 300 win mag with a 24" barrel and 1 in 11" twist but just don't think this gun would be capable of what I want to do. The 5R comes in 24" and 26" barrels, which one would be better? The XCR comes is 26". I always thought the 26" would be better for long range in the 300 win mag. I'm also having troubles locating both of them anywhere, even had a few dealers look for one for me but no luck. I like to shoot 180-185 gr bullet, usually factory loads since I haven't got into loading my own yet. I live at almost 1900 ft and hunt here but also hunt at 6000+ ft if it makes any difference with what rifle works better in this case, that's mainly a bullet/load case correct? Thanks for any advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.