Top end 22 centerfire suppressor

AEM5. I believe this can has the best mounting system. It is supported in two places, the barrel collar, and muzzle device.

There is a titanium equivalent offered by another company.
Otter Creek, OCM5

Allen Engineering AEM5 5.56 Suppressor - The Best Choice for MK12 SPR Rifles

Last edited:
I purchased a surefire socom rc2 and TBAC ultra 5 for my first 2 cans. The surefire stays on an AR and the ultra 5 bounces around on a 308 hunting rig and a 223 trainer. I was shocked at how well the ultra 5 did on the 223. I've since purchased a TBAC dominus and it's even more impressive with only a slight weight and size penalty. I've moved to the area 419 hellfire suppressor mount system and it's stupid simple to transfer the can to different rifles with zero point of impact shift. I'd personally stay away from a dedicated 223 can unless it's strictly for a gas gun as you don't give up much performance out of a quality 30 cal can especially if you don't mind size and weight. I'll be buying another TBAC dominus or Magnus for my next can.

IDK how it hasn't been mentioned yet. Go to Pew Science and learn as much as you can about suppressors & blast physics.
Jay is an engineer who specializes in larger military level combustion physics, got into suppressors himself and was upset when the performance advertised isn't what he experienced. He starting recording data to understand for himself and then released it to the public.
He now runs an independent lab for testing suppressors.
I personally don't have the focus for reading a 6-10+ page report on a suppressor, but listen to his podcast and he does a exceptional job at explaining the physics and how each performs.

You can rummage through the above link or I could save you the time. The quietest bolt gun suppressors, including.224, are the CGS Hyperion, DD Enticer L, OCL Hydrogen. You can check manufacturer websites to see their variants for Ti, length, etc and extrapolate what is likely the quietest 6-7" can or 5-6" can.

Agonizing over abstract numbers on the Pew Science website is an exercise in splitting hairs once you realize your ears probably can't hear the difference between his 41.2 and 43.7....rating/ score.

I recently got my new Yankee Hill Turbo 2 for my .223 bolt rifle (Howa Mini.). It is far from the most expensive one out there 00 in fact might be the least expensive. I am happy with it. It kills the muzzle blast enough that I can shoot it without hearing protection. Of course the bullet is supersonic, so you get the sonic shock of the bullet. No silencer will kill that. My thinking is that you do not need to buy the priciest silencer out there.

You can rummage through the above link or I could save you the time. The quietest bolt gun suppressors, including.224, are the CGS Hyperion, DD Enticer L, OCL Hydrogen. You can check manufacturer websites to see their variants for Ti, length, etc and extrapolate what is likely the quietest 6-7" can or 5-6" can.

Agonizing over abstract numbers on the Pew Science website is an exercise in splitting hairs once you realize your ears probably can't hear the difference between his 41.2 and 43.7....rating/ score.
Absolutely, I just like learning how & why something works the way it does. I personally have the HuxWrx 762Ti and my experience matches his data.
If all someone wanted was the highest muzzle or ear rating, the data is there.

If you're going for all out price, watch Rex Silentiums site around Black Friday. You will probably be able to pick up a MG7 in your caliber of choice for something like $400. I have two Rex cans. They are built just fine but they are heavy. All steel construction, extremely simple cans. Hard use. HUB threads. The MG7s won't have swappable endcaps so if you have an endcap strike you'll have to send the can in vice just buying a new endcap. They aren't known to be extremely quiet. Just a ham and eggs fully welded, tubeless, sealed suppressor with a HUB mounting backend. Nothing wrong with them at all if you don't mind the weight.

HuxWorx 7.62ti and Pew Science fans do go together like PB&J 🤣

I kid, kid....
I bought it before he tested it🤦‍♂️😆. It's on a piston AR and I'm a lefty.. The whole low back pressure thing is real, I shot a couple different cans at my local range and one completely gassed me out, the OSS didn't so I bought it.
It's far from an optimal bolt gun can, I'm not recommending it for this application. I just wanted to say my experience matches his data.
The Enticer L-Ti next on my list. 👍

I bought it before he tested it🤦‍♂️😆. It's on a piston AR and I'm a lefty.. The whole low back pressure thing is real, I shot a couple different cans at my local range and one completely gassed me out, the OSS didn't so I bought it.
It's far from an optimal bolt gun can, I'm not recommending it for this application. I just wanted to say my experience matches his data.
The Enticer L-Ti next on my list. 👍
Meh .... The Dominus does great on my 16" AR in 308W. Tuned the gas for it and away we go. I don't sense any gas to the face with it. I have a JP LoMass op system in it so tuning the SLR Sentry 7 AGB was a requirement anyway. Not for gas but primarily for optimizing the way the gun ran. Plus the Dominus kicks *** on hunting rifles. It bounces back and forth between my 6.5SST, 22 Creed, and 308W AR. And it's light.

Find a dealer with demo cans. Shoot em on your guns. That should help you figure out what you want/need. And thats how I do it; ive never had a customer regret a purchase.