Tooth Paste for Bear Hunt...

Agarbers

My wife and I are going on our first baited bear hunt. We are taking steps to eliminate our scent and I want to include our breath. The issue is this: Scent-A-Way makes a toothpaste for hunters...in natural mint. I have been told bears like mint so it would seem to me that could attract them into my stand if I'm breathing mint everywhere. Plus, Scent-A-Way also sells mint flavored breath fresheners, which seems to me would make the problem worse.
Any experience on this?

I have been baiting bears for several years now and we never worry to much about scent we just follow the same way in and out
But anything you do to cut down on your scent cant hurt but dont think it will bring them to you once they know where the bait is they go straight in
retiredcpo

I would recommend a $2.50 can of Oregon Mint Snuff. 0 tobacco, 0 nicotine, strictly ground up mint. I've used it since mamma told me NO MORE COPENHAGEN! & I'll bet its Way cheaper than an endorsed " hunting product / scent eliminating" product. Plus I've whacked bears while chewing it, so technically I can say it works, although no sponsors pay me to, & I would've been able to shoot the bears anyway... even with real snoose. :D

Go for it. Every little bit helps, just like every ounce shaved helps, even if its not really really nesicary Hehehehe.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.