Tips when shooting off a bipod???

Holmes, pasture poodles are my spring tune up. I gun 'em northeast of Billings. Where are U located. I have hunted SW of Gillette and around the Sundance area for speedgoats and whitetails. Great state u live in. I need to learn more about rockchucks.

I wish I had rock chucks here near Cody but no such luck...

How big are those pd towns NE of Billings??

Various sizes. Gotta talk to a lot of land owners. Big problem is finding who owns the land. There are some big towns around Miles City area. The FWP have listings for some of them.

Gotta 2nd the question. What brand & type of scope levels are you using, and where's the best place to get em? There's no doubt that in certain situations, they would be a great orientation tool. As for me, I'm a half a bubble off anyway! Thanks for the help & good shootin'

search "b-square level" on google or midway--it is a level in a small tube that bolts to a weaver rail--they also make one for the 11mm rail which i used on my Viper.

ric has a pic of his im sure--i will try to dig up a pic of mine.

they are about 20$ or so.

here it his: (positioned on the rail just behind the front ring if you couldnt tell
grin.gif
)

133186.JPG

the other side:
133189.JPG

JB

[ 09-28-2004: Message edited by: jb1000br ]

If your rifle has more than a very light recoil you will ge some bounce when shooting off the hood of your car and POI will shift. A strip of neoprene under the legs of the bipod will help. For stability get as much of your body in contact with the automobile as possible.

On the bubble level, BSquare from Midsouth Shooters Supply.

[ 09-30-2004: Message edited by: RuffHewn ]

JB and Ruffhewn, do you know if that level will fit a Badger base? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.