Tips for de-constructing loads

JTH

I've got some loads I've decided to abandon and want to salvage the powder and sell the bullets. Using a Hornady collet puller is working pretty slick, but the N570 powder is kind of jammed up and compressed inside the brass. For the first couple rounds I just worked an Allen wrench into the case to break things free, have to rotate it around a bit to get everything broken up, then squirt a little compressed air in there to be sure it's empty.

Is there a more efficient way of getting the powder out?

I just did the same thing with 130 rounds of .06 a friend gave me before leaving for Alaska permanently. They didn't shoot for crap in my rifle, powder was imr 4350 I could use elsewhere, I used the rcbs collet puller, once I pulled the bullet, I was able to turn the case upside down to empty into a jar and tapped the side of the case with a very small hammer, most came out easy, others I had to work at. Now I have primed brass to work with, powder for other rifles and bullets I may or may not keep. Times are rough for re loaders, improvise

Unfortunately the only method is to poke the powder out.
I use a small .17 cal decapping rod to poke at the powder to break up the compressed portion, then with thumb and forefinger over base and case mouth, I shake the rest loose then tap the case on the table.
Sometimes more poking is necessary
I have some loads in a few cases I dread ever having to dismantle as I know it will be tedious.

Cheers.

Yup, hold the side your case on the edge of tumbler eith your powder jar below. Worked like a champ for me! Ive also used it to settle buffer in 12 Gauge ball loads.