Timney OK?

Kinda like Ford and Chevy; some love 'em, some hate 'em. I've had Timney's and Jewell's. One of my Jewell's failed me and I've never had a failure with my Timney's. That, of course, doesn't guarantee that my next Timney won't have a problem. Some of the guys I shoot with have recently had trouble with their Timneys falling victim to slam fire incidents when they get down to somewhere under 2 pounds. My last one didn't fall into the slam fire category but I never could get it adjusted under 2 pounds; which is fine with me for a hunting trigger. My last Jewell worked fine until, one day at the range, it slam fired and I had to send it back to the factory to get it working properly.
So there you have it ... caveat emptor.

Well I got two springs from Timney for my Brownings and replaced the springs in each. Huge improvement.

The actual trigger assembly from timney was defective and would not go into the gun. One phone call, with a returned call later that day and a replacement is on the way.

Somebody got a little too forceful with their punch and deformed the trigger body. The guy from Timney that helped me did not seem too happy I received the trigger. Apparently they knew about the problem and thought they had went through the inventory to locate all of the defective triggers. When I described the problem he knew exactly what I was talking about and you could tell from the tone in his voice he was not happy it went out for a customer.

I'll report back to see how long it takes for a replacement.

I got my replacement from Timney the next week. Everything was perfect, trigger went in fine and the pull feels like it's around 2 lbs.

I would give Timney an A in customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.