Tikka T3 vs Rem 700 SPS 308 Varmit LH woes!

Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen!

Nice photos Feenex, that looks like a shooter!!!

I do appreciate the info!

Yes, I am aware of the Tikka Sporter, but Euro Optic is out and won't have any more in till almost 2017???

You are correct though that would be a cheaper way to go and you could probably sale the stock for money if you wanted!

I looked at the heavy barrel Rem 700 SPS 308 and yes it is a hammer with a good stock!

I just don't think I should spend another $400 (action/bolt) to get it where it should be to begin with!

I think if I get the Tikka T3 with the Manners stock and shoot the original barrel out, that will give me time to save for the new barrel.

The other thing is I have a lathe and BP mill so I will be able to do the work myself.

The factory trigger is also suppose to be good to go???

i have a few tikkas and love the triggers. the savage triggers are nice but not as nice as the tikka. the x mark pro trigger from remington is good for the less discerning trigger fingers or people that like to give their gun smith business. the old remington triggers are great, especially once it's been worked.

By the time you shoot out your 308 barrel you'll probably have saved enough for 2 new builds plus a barrel.

I think if I get the Tikka T3 with the Manners stock and shoot the original barrel out, that will give me time to save for the new barrel.

The other thing is I have a lathe and BP mill so I will be able to do the work myself.

Now you're talking!

I wanted to re-barrel my SAKO .300 WM 1:1" 24" into a 1:10" 26", my gunsmith asked "how it is shooting now?". When I showed him the group I was getting he said "when you can no longer group that way, come back and see me for a re-barrel". I had him install a muzzle brake instead ... and that was in 2006.

In 2013, it harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards.

Hi,
Thanks Snowbird for the trigger info!

That goes along with what I've been hearing!

Feenex, I didn't know you could shoot an Elk that far!!!

Yea the Hammer Forged Tikka Barrels, are suppose to be shooter's, even though they are not "heavy" contoured!

The good thing about the Manners T4 stock, is it will handle any contour barrel I want to use and is specially made for the Tikka.

B&C make a $250 stock but it is for RH only.

Between the LH Action ,Barrel, and Stock, merry -go -round, I finally decided I was going to do a little bit of a build.

The other fly in the ointment is I am tall and a 13.5" LOP does not work either!!!

Here's a Manners T4 with a custom Tikka!

Attachments

• dddddd.JPG
    dddddd.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 63
Feenex, I didn't know you could shoot an Elk that far!!!

It definitely does not happen overnight; practice, practice, practice ...

Remember, this is LRH and there's tons of guys here that have harvested elk a lot further than I have.

The guys at ELR sub-forum starts their range stretch at 1000 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts