Tikka T3 Varmint .308 + Super Sniper 16x42 (have you....?)

samloz

Hello,

I would appreciate your input regarding your experience with the referenced rifle and scope (Tikka T3 Varmint .308 and super sniper 16x42mm scope).

I was almost done buying a 700 SPS Varmint .243 Win., same scope with Badger base and rings, but I was attracted to the Tikka and would like to skip the base and ring costs and use the Optilock mounts (I hope I am not going to sacrifice much precission by avoiding Badger.

Main purpose is to start shooting mid. range and to hunt wild hog and whitetail deer. (I don't want to say long range because that may be reserved for those 300 RUM and other magnums.)

I appreciate your inputs.

Sam

Tikka T3's are extremely good shooters. I purchased a 300 wsm last year and I am very satisfied with it. I can get .5 MOA very consistantly at 200 with good loads. Smooth action, but the look is a little cheap. All in all, I think it is more bang for the buck than a Remington. I have no experience with that scope, but there is a good article on the forum about long range optics on a budget that gives good praise to this scope as well as the Elete 3200.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.