Tikka Carbon Ring Question

General RE LEE

I haven't bore scoped my barrel in hundreds of rounds. It looks like I got a carbon ring. The rifle is shooting well so I'm undecided if this is something I should tackle with Kroil and JB Bore paste with a Dewey chamber rod.

Thoughts? Again, rifle is shooting well.

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

That's one of the problems with those bore scopes, now you know about it. LOL Years ago, w/o it, you would have done nothing until you saw signs of over pressure or accuracy degradation.

That said, I'd clean it. Been using Free All, available at O'Reilly's Auto Parts stores, the past month or so. Makes fairly quick work of them. Get rid of it before it becomes an issue or causes trouble when it really counts.

Just my opinion as I'm learning and growing in my knowledge and abilities along with everyone else.

I could be wrong, but that brass colored stripe in the middle of the black makes me think it's already thick enough to be interfering with the case mouth.

I'd definitely do some soak and scrub if it were mine...

Sure looks like it. As others have suggested, let a patch soaked with your preferred carbon remover sit in there for a while and then hit it with an oversized bronze brush in a drill motor. Should come out clean as a whistle.

This one is super stubborn because I soaked it with Hoppes and scrubbed, Butch's Bore Shine and scrubbed and then hit it with JB Bore paste and scrubbed.