Tikka Barrel life??

crittrgittr

What are y'all getting for barrel life with your Tikkas? I have a 595 stainless in 22-250 and it seems to have fallen apart. I only have about 750-800 rounds through it and my groups have gone from .3" to 1.5". Same load.

There could be a few factors at play.... when was the last time you cleaned the rifle? Given the load hasn't changed at all, I'm assuming you kept the CBTO constant as well? You're definitely going to have throat erosion, which will increase your jump over time. You might only need to tweak your seating depth a bit to be back in business.

There could be a few factors at play.... when was the last time you cleaned the rifle? Given the load hasn't changed at all, I'm assuming you kept the CBTO constant as well? You're definitely going to have throat erosion, which will increase your jump over time. You might only need to tweak your seating depth a bit to be back in business.
I did clean it about every fifty rounds all along. It seems like the last 100 rounds it just took a dive, maybe 150. I am currently.010 off lands, so you're thinking I might need to adjust that?

Just under a 1000 on a 7mm superlite 70 grains of H-1000 at a time and no noticeable changes, highest round count on all my current tikka's