Tikka 22/250 8 twist

Your thoughts on the Tikka 8 twist 22/250 for a light weight deer rifle using hammer 75 to 85? Bullets. Thanks for your inputs all
Don't get too crazy on the distance and it should be a great little Deer popper. Just my 0.2 Cheers

I love my little Tikka Eight Twisted 22-250.
I have not shot any deer with it yet, just a bunch of ground hogs and a fox or two. But I've got my hands on some 77 grain TMKs and a good load worked up, zeroed an inch high at a hundred. I'm thinking that I'm going to launch one into a deer at some point this season, pretty sure it will work fine. :D

I love my little Tikka Eight Twisted 22-250.
I have not shot any deer with it yet, just a bunch of ground hogs and a fox or two. But I've got my hands on some 77 grain TMKs and a good load worked up, zeroed an inch high at a hundred. I'm thinking that I'm going to launch one into a deer at some point this season, pretty sure it will work fine. :D
One of the guys over at RS got an exit on deer using 53gr VMAX out of a .223. I had an exit on a pretty big coyote at 94 yards with the 53gr VMAX out of my HBAR. But I'd use the 77 gr TMK out of a 22-250.

Should be top notch. Use a harder bullet if you're gonna run it hot, or the 77 gr tmk. They seem to kill deer like a lightning bolt.
Thank you all
Your thoughts on the Tikka 8 twist 22/250 for a light weight deer rifle using hammer 75 to 85? Bullets. Thanks for your inputs all
Looks like I'm too heavy 68 hht is max for an 8 twist ! Should still work though

Thank you all

Looks like I'm too heavy 68 hht is max for an 8 twist ! Should still work though
8 twist should be good for up to 80gr although I have no experience with hammers. Do they require substantially faster twist that other bullets of the same weight?

Here's entrance and exit with a 77 grain TMK started at 2800fps. Extra velocity would make them even better
4A9DEF2A-46C5-4D78-B9FF-B6DB59C0422D.jpeg

5D299D9E-0849-488A-A865-19E9A0441BFF.jpeg

Recent Posts