TICKS & INSECTS!!!!!!!!!

I have been treated a few times in the last 20 years for Lyme disease. The most recent was a couple of months ago. Same situation as Coyote Shadow Tracker. A fully engorged deer tick that looked like a black mole. Went to the doc and got a single super-dose of Doxycycline. I'd recommend this if you find a tick that has been attached for more then a day. If you wait too long and it establishes in your system, a three week regimen of Doxycycline will be necessary. To make matters worse, in my most recent case, in the same area as the tick bite, I developed a Shingles rash. Whether it was an immune system reaction to the inflamed tick bite, or coincidence, who knows! In any case, all seems well now. As I spend a great deal of time in the New England deer tick infested woodlands, I found that a Sorresto collar for my Brittany, and judicious use of "non-toxic" Cedarcide tick repellent does a great job of keeping the ticks off.

Ticks are bad in Tennessee , a couple years back I got rocky mountain spotted fever that was pretty rough I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy
I'm just now still trying to get over Rocky Mountain spotted fever and I can assure you that it is no fun. Always use tick repellent and don't wait until after you catch a disease like I did.

I'm from Arkansas and still live and hunt here. I Hunt all year round if it isn't too hot. Here's what works. This is for Ticks, chiggers, mosquitoes, gnats, flies, etc. I hunt near ricefields and the highest concentration of mosquitoes anywhere.
1. Spray pants, shirts, jackets and hat with Permethrin (Sawyers and even the Wal-Mart stuff). Let it dry overnight. It has to dry before you wear it. I drench my squirrel hunting clothes and hat with the stuff.
2. When you arrive at your hunt spot, spray PICARIDIN (20%) on your neck and hat. Spray the back of your hands and then rub the PICARIDIN on your forehead, ears and cheeks with the backs of your hands.
3. To keep gnats, flies and mosquitoes out of your eyes and face, smoke a cigar. It really works and I do it everytime I squirrel hunt in warm weather.

Never use DEET. You will eventually be sorry if you do. It destroys, recoil pads, slings, sunglasses, anything with plastic or rubber, including your vehicle's interior. It also melts the paint on yard chairs or any painted surface. It isn't worth the damage to all the plastic used in our hunting gear. That and if you do the above, you totally don't need it.

Went hunting twice last week! Since I've used the above, I have not had a single tick or chigger or even a mosquito bite. Been doing it for years.

So soak all your clothing in Permethrin, let it dry, then treat yourself with Picaridin when you hunt. They may fly around you, but they won't bite you.
Many moons ago my wife and I were going scouting in shorts and I sprayed down with DEET. When we got back to her (new) SUV and on the way home I had rested my leg against the plastic door interior (I am tall). when we got home, there were permanant hair imprints from where my leg rested against the door and the DEETdissolved the plastic. I have dissolved watches also.

I hate DEET and will not buy it or allow it in my house. Had a similar experience at a friend's house. We were sitting in the back yard on metal chairs painted black. When I got up there were long black marks on the back of my legs where the DEET melted the lawn chair paint.

Permethrin on clothing and Picaridin on person works well. I don't know why anyone would want to use DEET. It will eventually destroy everything you own that it touches. Anything painted, plastic, rubber, polyethylene. Belt buckles, recoil pads, ice chests, truck interiors, rain jackets, ponchos, Thermos cups, O-rings, you name it, you can't even imagine all the things DEET can destroy until it is too late.

My Leupold Wind River Binoculars--another victim of merciless DEET. They are still sticky after many years. Once DEET touches something it is ruined forever, a horrible stickiness that never goes away, like that movie "The Blob".

I hate DEET and will not buy it or allow it in my house. Had a similar experience at a friend's house. We were sitting in the back yard on metal chairs painted black. When I got up there were long black marks on the back of my legs where the DEET melted the lawn chair paint.

Permethrin on clothing and Picaridin on person works well. I don't know why anyone would want to use DEET. It will eventually destroy everything you own that it touches. Anything painted, plastic, rubber, polyethylene. Belt buckles, recoil pads, ice chests, truck interiors, rain jackets, ponchos, Thermos cups, O-rings, you name it, you can't even imagine all the things DEET can destroy until it is too late.

My Leupold Wind River Binoculars--another victim of merciless DEET. They are still sticky after many years. Once DEET touches something it is ruined forever, a horrible stickiness that never goes away, like that movie "The Blob".
Slightly off subject my apologies but you just struck a nerve, I miss my 10 x 42 Wind Rivers I lost them last season they have not turned up yet😓

So I am mowing this morning, thinking about wearing full body Tyvek jumpsuit sprayed with Sawyers. Larcross rubber boots taped to Tyvek. Maybe rubber swimming cap sprayed. Topping off with blue nitrile gloves taped to the Tyvek.

What do you think?

When we lived in Missouri we bought the 32oz Permetherin concentrate used in agricultural applications. Mixed it with water in empty Windex bottles. You will have several years worth and find it much less expensive this way. You can find the mix ratio online.
NOTE: I had a tick almost kill me. Put me in the hospital with blood poisoning. ER doc said if I would have waited another day I would have died Yes, I HATE ticks.

When we lived in Missouri we bought the 32oz Permetherin concentrate used in agricultural applications. Mixed it with water in empty Windex bottles. You will have several years worth and find it much less expensive this way. You can find the mix ratio online.
NOTE: I had a tick almost kill me. Put me in the hospital with blood poisoning. ER doc said if I would have waited another day I would have died Yes, I HATE ticks.
Sounds like you are as stubborn as I am.I did not get medical treatment until 9 days after I was bitten when I caught Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I read on the Internet it can sometimes be fatal. A message to everyone don't be as stupid as me if you don't feel good go see the doctor!

Sounds like you are as stubborn as I am.I did not get medical treatment until 9 days after I was bitten when I caught Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I read on the Internet it can sometimes be fatal. A message to everyone don't be as stupid as me if you don't feel good go see the doctor!
lol sounds about the same as me. I didn't get checked out until I got so sick that I couldn't do anything anymore. If you suspect that you got bit by a tick go get tested. Doctors are cheaper than a couple weeks off work.

So I am mowing this morning, thinking about wearing full body Tyvek jumpsuit sprayed with Sawyers. Larcross rubber boots taped to Tyvek. Maybe rubber swimming cap sprayed. Topping off with blue nitrile gloves taped to the Tyvek.

What do you think?
As long as we can install a back pack "mini split" a/c, you'd be good to go. Kinda like the Apollo astronauts....