Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

Aldon

It took me scrimping over the past 8 months but I purchased the Tumbler first which sat until winter and I finally bought the annealer as Christmas gift to myself.

Sat down to start the winter prep and reloading.

I am totally happy with this set up.

The brass are squeaky clean and the annealer works wonderfully.

Totally stoked to do the mundane tasks now. LOL

There are multiple ways to skin this cat, but if you are considering this set up, I give it 2 thumbs up!

I do use the lemi Shine.

My brass shines better than the off the shelf brass.

While researching the Tumbler and methods, I saw or read that the shine is enhanced by using it. If you choose not to do so, the brass will have a duller sheen supposedly.

I think it is basically a water softetner. Helps shed the water, soap and dirt/carbon debris.

Great purchases! If you like clean brass and primer pockets I think the Thumblers and stainless is about the most time saving piece of equipment I own. Brass is a bit more shine with Lemishine and it alleviates waters spots and tend to hold the shine longer. I love the clean primer pockets.

I use a Lee Universal Decapping Die in a Forster Coax and deprime before case prep.

I run them through the Thumbler with SSM and they come out clean as a whistle including primer pockets.

The Annealer is easy to use and so I run them through that and then prep for loading.

I have only just started using this set up so I will full length resize and later this season will see about only neck sizing but I like the fact that the SSM cleans the inside of the brass completely as well as the primer pockets.

I would likely still clean after every firing even if I did not have the annealer. I just like clean brass....

the only minor irritant is that drying the brass. I currently lay it out on my reloading room floor and allow air dry and anneal the following day.

I follow the exact procedure. Deprime with Lee or Redding decaper in a Forster press then tumble. Primer pockets are clean. Then dump each shell and run through media separators, I live in AZ so normally a couple hours outside laying on a towel and done. I don't anneal very ofter and use a Friends machine when doing so.

I just bought a SSM tumbler last summer. It's one of the best things I've ever bought! I can't believe how clean it gets my brass. If I don't rinse my brass good enough I get water spots which drives me crazy. All in all, it's a great tumbler. Now I just need an annealer.

Like the earlier posts I tumble with my SS media after decapping.... Very clean primer pockets and for drying I usually lay them out on paper towels..... Brass looks like new!

LRSickle,

I lived in UT for several years.

The spots are as likely from hard water as they are from contaminants removed from the brass.

Are you using the Lemi Shine?

I do rinse the brass thoroughly after the process.....and if i had hard water (household plumbing wise) I would induce hard water spotting.....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.