Three ARs ...

I own quite a few even though i have a preference for bolt guns. I have them in 5 calibers. And i have several spare lowers. I like shooting them but hate cleaning them. I carried the "16/M4" version for 24 yrs at work so the mystique isnt there for me. I did buy one in 6.8 SPC during the ban for a crazy stupid price when i couldnt really afford it. Ill hold on to mine just in case...
You are like me, after my Army service, Vietnam, I wanted nothing to do with the M-16. But in December 2015 I bought my AR-15 and since then I have built four AR-10/15. The AR-10 6.5 Creedmoor and one AR-15 6.5 Grendel. The AR-10 6.5 CM I'm able to convert into a bolt action AR-10 in CM upper. Tuesday is a range day.

So far 7.62X39 and .40S&W have been my two favorite calibers to shoot out of this platform. I've shot a 7.62X51, it's a definite third, prefer the M1A in that chambering. Waiting in the wings are .244 Valkyrie and 6.5CM. I've not even shot it and I'm thinking of either moving the .224 V barrel to a Unitah upper or building a Howa Mini light varmint in that chambering instead.

I constructed in deconstructed and reconstructed quite a few of them over the years. A 16 inch 6.5 Grendel is my Goldilocks. It is just right. The cartridge really makes the most out of the small frame.
An 18 -20 inch 5.56 SPR is a pretty fine rifle as well.

I constructed in deconstructed and reconstructed quite a few of them over the years. A 16 inch 6.5 Grendel is my Goldilocks. It is just right. The cartridge really makes the most out of the small frame.
An 18 -20 inch 5.56 SPR is a pretty fine rifle as well.
The 6.5 Grendel build sports a 24" barrel (match) from Deadshot Barrels out of Oregon. AR-15s are not my favorite rifles other than the AR-10 in 6.5 CM with a 22"/24" barrels a converted upper from Uintah Precision in 6.5 CM bolt action.

morning, why r u---urs whining. FIGHT-FIGHT-FIGHT. NEVER-NEVER
NEVER BACK UP. there r 3 parts to government. with the shambles
of the very well financed NRA. WE WE WE have to fight. when government
dictates to the citizens on firearms u reach a NAZI NAZI NAZI STATE!!!
the CONSTITUTION STATES WE THE PEOPLE, not we the mice
justme gbot tum

I have 3 uppers, and I enjoy shooting them. An 18in 223 wylde because everyone needs one right? A 7.5in 300blk pistol that's stupid accurate, and a riot to shoot. An 18in 6.5 Grendel that I just started breaking in today. The Criterion barrel is showing some promise. 6 different charges of 8208xbr under a 107 went under an inch and 3 under .5"
Just added another upper to the stable in 450 bushmaster since it's legal to hunt with south of the rifle line here in michigan. Should be fun.

I bought them mainly because I didn't want anyone saying I couldn't own them. All are 5.56 and two serve as truck/ varmint guns. But IMO they are very utilitarian firearms and serve many duties for me.

I don't have a problem, my AR's lack birth control. I put them in the safe and every time I open the door more seem to be there. They're like bunnies.....
Love it! I put my AR-15s in with the AR-10s (SR-25s) hoping I'd get AR-12s or 13s, but so far no luck. But darned if the 15's and 10's aren't making copies of themselves...now have 7.62X39, 6.8 SPC II, .300BLK, .243 Win, .338 Fed...who know's what else is going to come out that safe with more time? (Perhaps a .350 Legend? Maybe a .260 Rem?)

I guess your right;
4 - 6.5 Grendel's
16" SS M4 contour
18" SS heavy contour
20" nitrite heavy contour
24" SS heavy contour
3 - 7.62x39
16" SS heavy contour (night vision)
16" parkerized heavy contour
20" parkerized heavy contour
1 - 300 BlackOut
16" SS M4 CONTOUR

It is a bit embarrassing to admit how much 5.56 I have though.

I have a 80% AK build and the M70 AB2 to keep them company. But the M1A and the M1 carbine making sure the combloc rifles behave! I don't want anything to happen to my babies!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.