Thoughts on the latest vx-1?

Oldschool280

Would like to mount a vx-1 4-12x40 with the lr duplex on my swede. I personally would prefer to buy AmericAn whn i can although i know they have foreign glass. I can get.vortex diamondback 4-12 x40 for a hundred less. I am going to go leupold unless somebody here tells me im foolish. I own one other leupold it's a vxhog and i think its grEat althouth the verticle adjuster is mushy. Horizontal has defined clicks. Thats my only gripe but it zeros well and stays there. Thoughts?

Alright, seem to be many who looked at this post but no replies, so i ordered the scope and will give a range report asap.

I think with optics its the same as the old Ford, Dodge, Chevy, argument! And truthfully my friend I believe the only correct answer is what works best for you in your specific desired application! I'm preferentially a vortex guy and my reasons are simply it's built in Canada, they are sold at every reputable firearms store near me, and like leupold they have a bulletproof warranty! Happy Shooting looking forward to an update!

I used to have a vx1 on my 10-22. I liked it. It was crisp and bright. Good for the price. You should be happy with it

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.