thoughts on nosler competition bulet .308 168 grains

Used 168gr Amax deer hunting did a nice job..
For bear would use a Noslers NP bullet a better hunting bullet........

I use the nosler 55 gr ballistic tips in my 22-250, and the 140 custom comp hpbt in my 6.5 mm, although Im still working on getting my ES and SD down I have consistantly got Sub moa out of them both about 1/2 inch at 100, I have had some good luck with Hornaday also good luck Scott

I just worked up a a load with the Nosler Ballistic Silvertips for my .308. I have shot .38 and .45 MOA 3 shot groups out of a stock Savage PC .308 @ 100 yards. I would give them a try before you try and use comp. bullets on a bear. I'm working a load up with berger VLD's right now but I am so happy with how the BT worked, I will be using those on my Mulie hunt this year.

One thing to keep in mind about the Nosler Competition bullets is their jacket is thinner than a J4 jacket and I am betting the ballistic tip. I visited with them about their bullets when I was looking for a bullet for my 260 match.

Brent

well from what I can tell and say is this.the SMK is just like it in all ways.for the most part they perform just as good as the SMK but alot cheaper.and buy useing them for hunting they work just fine for me on deer.( SMK I mean )so I would say the NCC would be the same.I plan on useing the 69gn NCC in my 223 this year.so have no real world info for that yet.

but for bear I cannot say anything for ya.100 yards maybe I just cannot really say.never hunted bear before.deer yes,and they work just as I said before.but would use a 175gn NCC for the choice of bullet.they will reach out their alot better for ya.and with a little more energy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.