this *)$$#@ me off look at this

rotorhead

A buddy turned me on to this he seen it on archey talk. This may be old news but some of you may have not seen this .
http://www.donahue.tv/hobbies.htm
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I know people book ranch hunts heck this state of Texas is cover in the business, They were lied to and the ranch was dishonest with them as well as the tv folks This is wrong!

There are other TV hunting/fishing show celebrities involved in this crap also.Its thier brain dead love of money that will help end the sport of hunting.Even though these activities have nothing to do with hunting it is percieved as such by the public.

IF they were or would have been up front about the pen details I see nothing wrong with it.

The way it was described it was outlandish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

However, there is a certain target audience/customer that is willing to pay for that kind of an experience.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hey! I sympathize with the guy. I sure son't like the idea of paying all that money just to find out that it's a canned hunt, but, and there is a but. He participated in the so-called hunt, taking animals. If he and his buddy had just packed up when everything became clear, he could have gone back to the credit card company (assuming he used his credit card for all the charges) explained that they were decieved and didn't get what they were promised and DID NOT participate, and probably gotten the money back. If he paid in cash, well then I probably would have done the same thing he did. Although, he could have taken hid chances and left anyway then just called the so-called outfitter requesting a refund, threatening a lot of bad press if they didn't. Of course I wasn't there, I wasn't in his shoes, so this is all hind sight and it's 20/20.

Now that I've said that, I detest this kind of thing. Canned hunts are not hunting, but and again there is a but, it appears that it's legal (although unethical)where it took place. I'm not about to tell someone that they shouldn't have such a buisness as selling canned hunts. With one restriction, and this is where I have the biggest problem. If your selling a canned hunt, you should at least be required to advertise it as such. This guy and all the other hunters were taken for hard earned money, tricked and swindled. It didn't happen in the US so there's not much they they can do about it, except spread the word and try to make sure that it doesn't happen to someone else. As far as trying to put the outfitter out of buisness, well I won't go there, remember they were conducting buisness withing the limitations of the law. At least in Saskatchewan, but those fellers best not come down south by way of Texas. They won't be recieving a very warm welcome!

Dear corporate sponsor:
I really like the quality and value of your Expando bullets, Mighty Mag rifle and your Inviso camouflage clothing, but I think your sponsorship of the television show "Petting Zoo Predator" stinks worse than your Musky Skunk cover scent. It is for this reason I will now longer use or recommend the use of your products. I'm sure you spend a large amount of money to build name recognition and to attract customers, but by associating your name with captive/domestic killing practices; you are contributing to the decline of your product's market. I feel this would be equivalent to FNAWS sponsoring a PETA fundraiser. As long as your advertising dollars support these practices, I will spend my dollars elsewhere.
Thank you,

No one provides these so-called hunts or produces shows from these areas for their love of hunting. If their sponsors want to win the business of that section of their market let them know they do at the expense of losing your business and that of other true followers of the fair chase. JMHO
Dave

Unbelievable! I never new such a place existed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I told my boss about this and he said a while back
at redstone colo they would bring the dignataries out from D.C and let them pick off elk as they would parade them in front of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif what $ will do I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just watched Keith's show before reading this and now I'm ****ed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks to modern technology, I just put a block on all his shows! I knew he hunted alot of the "game ranches" that is really not to my taste, but nothing like this ****!!!

i just emailed keith warren and told him what a cock sucker he is and i told him that i am writting letters to his sponsors and the outdoor channel and telling them that he is a con artist.. maybe if enough of us emailed keith warren he would help get that man a real hunt like for free and stop screwing other people..

There was a video posted on this forum with Jimmy Houston in a treestand (looks like he is in open woods at first) and then a whitetailbuck is running back and forth with fences on either side.

They are all con artists except for Tred Barta who has no sponsors and uses wooded arrows.

They are all full of sh__!

i just got emailed back from keith warren's editor.. heres what he wrote..

thank you for your email and your commments. However there's a few
things you need to be aware of.
Keith hunted bear valley in 2002 - the show aired in 2003 before
Donahue's trip . That part of Donahue's story is true. What Donahue
claims about the operation and Keith's knowledge of it is false. The
pens didn't exist when Keith hunted Bear Valley.
Keith returned to Bear Valley after Donahue's hunt. Upon learning that
the operation had changed and that pens existed Keith insisted he be
taken to a larger tract of property to hunt, one that presented an
acceptable challenge.
Look at Bear Valley website (just do a google on Bear Valley
Outfiitters) BVO offer "Free Range" and "Ranch" hunts. Keith
never "Ranch" hunted Bear Valley Except in the case of the Elk and
that was done on 6,000 acres (again if memory serves me correctly a
far cry for the pen Donahue hunted in) - that's why it wasn't "hard
for the cameraman to hide the fences" as claimed by Donahue.

There's never been any denial that a lot of Bear Valley land is high
fence. non-Canadians aren't allowed to hunt Elk except on private
properties (or at least, that was the case the last time this issue
came up). At any rate - Keith conducted one hunt (in 2004( , but was
so dissatisfied with the operation in total that he left, refused to
air the show and pulled the link to BVO off his website. In addition
he pulled any remaining shows associated with Bear Valley, removed the
link from this forum and website to Bear Valley and does not endorse
Bear Valley. Donahue's claims that Keith still supports Bear Valley
are false. Keith responded to Donahue on this forum when Donahue
initially posted here.

Yes, Donahue was removed from Keith's forum, not for the reasons he
professes either He continued to DEMAND that Keith publicly apologize
for somehow misleading hunters into believing that Bear Valley was
fair chase (and frankly, I'm not sure Keith ever said "fair chase") -
by Donahue's own admission he contacted the outfitter and satisfied
his own requirements before going on the hunt.

Yes, he was initially blocked from the forum, then allowed back, after
discussion via email that he would "hold his fire" until he could hear
from Keith about the conditions of Bear Valley. He didn't do so -
contrary to his claim that he waited until Keith's response - he
continued to demand an apology, wanted a show done about Bear Valley
and quiet frankly did every thing but ask to be reimbursed for his
expenses.

Donahue has been thrown off or disbelieved most of the forums he
attempted to go on (Basspro, Total Sportsman, Maine Outdoors, etc.)
and trash Keith Warren primarily because his story continues to change
based on his desire for fame. When questioned closely by forum members
of those forums he's found lacking in a lot of his claims. His stories
are full of inaccuracies, not to mention the fact that Donahue only
complained AFTER killing all four animals (first it was two, then
three and finally it was all four) and losing his meat to customs
inspectors because he didn't have the proper paperwork.

Keith doesn't need to defend himself against this bs. There's nothing
to defend. What happened at Bear Valley happened after his association
with them.

Someone should ask Donahue, why he stayed. He didn't pay the full
amount up front, no outfitter that I'm aware of demands payment in
full Before the hunt. He paid deposits. THAT (the deposit) is what he
would have lost, but he will tell you he stood to lose the full
amount.

Keith turned down an all expenses paid return trip to Bear Valley
because he does not approve and will not condone the operation Bear
Valley has in place at this time.
Demands from Donahue that Keith take the time on air to denounce Bear
Valley are the demands of someone who has no rights or authority to
make such a call. Donahue has had ample opportunity to discuss this
with Outdoor Adventures and has never done so (he has the email
address afterall), he prefers instead to foment his fairy tale on the
internet where gullible hunters will take it and run with it.

He claims his version is true - otherwise he says he would be sued by
BVO and Keith Warren. For what purpose? to satisfy his need for
further exposure. I can see the headlines on his website now. "Little
guy gets destroyed by the Big Famous Hunter". that's exactly what he
would love to have happen. Keith isn't going to waste the time or the
money on someone who has no credability.

Donahue had a choice to make, he could have refused to participate in
the hunt at Bear Valley and move on but he chose to harvest ALL four
animals available and then complain. I question anyone who does
something like this as to what their true motive is. Donahue will tell
you it was because he spent a lot of money and didn't want to lose it.
If that's the driving force behind why he hunts he needs to reevaluate
why he's hunting at all.

Donahue won't tell you but I will, his initial website posting urged
all readers to contact PETA Canada, PETA USA, HSUS and the Sierra Club
in addition to the one or two contacts he now has on his website. They
were removed (I'm assuming by him) after he got hammered on every
forum for posting this. I question whether or not he continues to
provide these organizations with emails sent to him and comments from
some of the forums he's still able to go onto.

If you feel you still need to contact his sponsors by all means do so.
They are all aware of this issue. Afterall it's 4 years old now and
Keith has not and will not go back to Bear Valley for any reason. The
Outdoor Channel is also aware of this and of Keith's decision to drop
all affiliation with Bear Valley because of the change in their
practices.
Thank you again for your email and I hope this answers some of your
concerns, if not feel free to respond at any time.
Roger Bales
Outdoor Adventures

seems like keith didnt know either that this was happening and no longer does any business with bvo..

I've seen Donahue's story over and over and one area of his story that blows holes in his whole "victim" act is that it was a scheduled 6-day hunt! Now by his own claim he has hunted a long time so you would think that any experienced hunter would question a "fair chase" hunt for Elk, Whitetail, Buffalo, and Bear that would only take 6 days???? I know people that take longer than that just for an Elk. I'm calling BS on his whole "victim" story.

PS. Great site by the way, anyone shoot a 270 wby mag at caribou?

Thank you nolo263 this looks like I've been had. My biggest problem was he stated that his money was taken even after he directly asked them about the canned hunt. I do think If it were me I would not have shot anything and tried another direction to get my money returned. I don't believe in canned hunts because I don't consider this hunting. I have never been guided and I have never hunted a ranch so I am not completely sure how it all works. If you pay for a canned hunt then so-be-it. I have though about this for awhile and read the other post and I won't participate in a canned hunt, but I do think if that is what you want and there is a provider then it is fine. If they lied to him on the spot and the money was taken for something that was not given that is wrong and IF this did happen he has a right to be made only if he didn't shoot the animals. The letter would be correct, I feel I am a good hunter and I have a pretty solid knowledge of animal behaviorand it usually takes 2days to get the deer I am after four in 6 day sounds pretty unreal. Thanks again and I won't be so quick to jump next time,this just makes me look like a dummy.

Rh

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.