This is not my rifle...

kc

About three weeks ago, I shared with you the news that I had a 7mag in layaway at my friends pawn shop, well I brought in my last payment..its mine now..when Dan brought it out he placed it on a green felt pad /rubber bottom. I looked at him and I could see a grin on his face, like the cat that just ate the canary. this is not the rifle that I had planed to buy. he knew my plans were to pull the Barrel and change it to a Broghton Tactical barrel and make a long range rifle.
The rifle he brought out was a Remington 700 BDL.The one I had put up was a cheaper model
with a nylon stock and was all flat black. this one had a,.. hooded front sight and a rear ramp sight. a Walnut stock and had engravings on the action..clean.. other than a few places where a person left there hands on the barrel. $450.00. that son of a gun knew what was hapening.

Lucky me.
Now I am in need of some help... not much.. how do I get the little dents out of the stock.
and I scrubed real hard the tiny areas with Remington oil where there was a light rust from a person handeling it, what is the safest way to clean this up with out removing the Bluing?
The chickering was like new this rifle has seen very little use.
My brothers were laughing there asses off at what I brought home.
One of the first things my older brother said was we cant install some cheap Scope.
lets take our time and buy a real good one.

small dents can be lifted with a hot iron.take a wet was rag and lay over dent take a hot steam iron ang gently press on dent, dont leave sit until rag is dry,keep moving over spot a few seconds and remove iron,remove rag and look if dent raised ,sometimes it takes several passes to lift the dent, keep cloth wet/damp at all times.i have lifted lots this way.

Thanks guys, the Bolt has a little where, it could use a small amount of jeweling, I have in no way told my wife she would go ape s#it knowing I bought another rifle.
Old Dan the man came through for me..I owe him a dozen donuts..he is Diabetic.
now to the range. but I need a good scope. my brother drives semi truck and goes to Texas
he knows a few people who have a Big problem with hogs, they have invited him every time they see him to quote get your Yankie *** down here and kill some hogs. I got that feeling.. nice and fuzzy kind.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.